Genworth Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

2.8

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Compliance Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online in April 2017. I was contacted by the compliance recruiter within a week. The next week, he called me for a phone screen. Two days later I had a second round phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very friendly and direct; which I appreciated. The only thing he asked me was what I knew about the company. As a current compliance analyst, my job is to research so I researched everything I could about Genworth and answered his question with ease. I spoke about the current acquisition in progress, the dozen regulatory agencies in the US and China that need to approve the deal, the background on China Oceanwide, the current ratings of the company, the services, target customers, etc. I think that he was impressed. The phone screen was about 20 minutes long. About a week later, I was contacted by the compliance recruiter saying that I had made it to the final round. The final round was scheduled May 24th- two days before my birthday. It was a rotating interview. The first group was a three person panel. They were extremely friendly and seemed like great people to work with. The second round was two women that were also friendly and interested in what I had to say. The third round was with the hiring manager's boss. I would have to say that out of the 25+ interviews I've had in my life, I was most blown away by him. He was dynamic, drew on my resume, and asked me direct questions such as "What motivates you?" and "Why do you like compliance?" and "Why aren't you getting your J.D.?". I enjoyed this approach. Everything he was saying about the potential for this role, how he wants it to evolve over time, and how he wants me to hand it back completely different... It really solidified that this role was the perfect role for me, my talents, skills, wants, and future. The last round was with the hiring manager himself. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to speak at this round. After he finished talking, I only had four minutes to sum up why I was the best fit. All in all, after the interview, I felt great. I was told that that they were impressed with me, that I had great energy, that I was the most organized interviewee that they had ever had, etc. I left feeling great. After the interview, I sent my thank you emails and waited. The recruiter said I would know something within a week. My birthday came and went and so did the next week. I followed up with the recruiter and didn't get a response for four days. On the fourth day, he told me I'd hear something by the end of the week. I didn't receive any update. Three weeks went by and I finally got the rejection call on 6/14/17. I was told that while the panel was impressed with me, they decided to have other interviews after the day the finalists came in (5/24/17). The call was just to say that they "went with another candidate". At this point, I was prepared for the call and I asked for individual feedback. I was told that there wasn't any feedback and that they just went with someone else. I respect their decision and wish the lucky person who got the job tremendous success and happiness, but I would still like some feedback. I feel like I nailed the interview, have direct experience, what wasn't I seeing?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Genworth?
      Tell me about a time when you had difficulty with a coworker?
      Tell me about a time when you changed a process?
      Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking?
      Tell me about a time when you made a decision that wasn't favorable?
      Tell me about a time when you managed people?
      What motivates you?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What will you contribute to the compliance team?
      Tell me three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I only made it to the phone screening part of the interview. I was told that the next steps were to go on-site for a more technical interview. This was after I applied several months before, so I was surprised to be contacted.

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was the phone interview process where the recruiter asked multiple technical questions. Be prepared for technical interview for the first phone screen interview. This was just phone interview with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is difference between router and switches?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after visiting the Genworth booth at my college's career fair. Got a call a few days later to set up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening I was invited to come to the Richmond office for an in person interview. They set me up in a hotel right across the street from the office. The interview was comprised of two 30 minute interviews which consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Got an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I knew about the company and their recent business dealings.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process was simple spoke with Manager who I would report to. I applied for the position with the Workday application which the company uses which was very simple and did not ask a bunch of questions. This was a promotion opportunity. Heads up if applying in-house then no matter how many people interview you, its comes down the the hiring managers decision only.

Actuarial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

While I did not get an offer for what I am sure are valid and legitimate reasons, I still felt that aspects of this interview process were not professional. There were 3 separate interviews that consisted of pairs of interviewers.
    -One interviewer of the 6 was not present
    -One interviewer talked poorly of the actuarial profession and his experience, which was something that I as an actuarial student needed to hear, but probably not during an interview
    -Another interviewer was on their phone for a good chunk of time,
     -Another interviewer had to conduct the beginning of the interview on their own while
    waiting for the second interviewer to arrive and was clearly uncomfortable conducting it on his own, as he did not ask good questions nor really listen to my answers
    Overall, the interview process as a whole left me seeing Genworth Financial in a negative light. They said they would get back to me in a single week, but they did not and at 2 weeks
    I had to call to find out their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a difficult concept to a non-specialist?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. Recruiter rushed the interview. Only lasted about 20 minutes. No complicated questions asked, just the basics. Most dynamic question asked was "tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker" and "tell me about a time where you had to give presentation in class or at your job"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give a presentation to a class or at your job   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple. just a normal bridge call with panel of four. Nothing was clear. I felt they did not have an intention to interview in first place. Neither they were asking anything nor taking the conversation to further. for few minutes, panel members were talking to themselves as well, having isolated me. There was no proper clarity about anything

Interview Questions

• Very surprising to say but professionals did not ask anything, instead directly they started with do I have questions for them. I did had bunch of them, they interacted and thats it, never turned back   1 Answer

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

A round of phone interviews and then they brought you in for a round of interviews with managers that you will be working very closely with as well as the team members. The on site interview took about half a day with each time slot at about 30 minutes and different people interviewed you. It was nice that they provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me about a time" kind of questions. So have plenty of examples ready.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for the opportunity. The interview process includes a phone screen, a phone interview and an on-site. During the on-site interview I talked with 4 actuaries and all of them are professional and nice.