Genzyme Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genzyme Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

HR put my travel, car service and hotel itinerary together so that part was a breeze! I had 6 half-hour interviews where each of the interviewers came to the conference room I sat in. All in all, it was a good day if not a bit hurried - especially during lunch, it's difficult to interview and eat a ham sandwich at the same time. That was a bit too rushed and awkward.

Interview Questions

• Most people I talked to asked how I handled conflicts within a group or on a team, especially where two or more people had very different points of view and were equally passionate about their respective viewpoints.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals (Framingham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

First contacted for a recruiter phone screening then a Hiring manager phone interview. Next I was scheduled for a full afternoon interviewing with the department leadership (met with 4 individually).
    Once the interviews are complete they gather as a hiring team and compare/discuss the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a "difficult" person... how did you handle it... what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Science Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Phone screening followed by invitation for on-site interview about a week later. Mostly behavioral questions: do you prefer to work alone or in a group, would you prefer constant supervision or do you like to learn methods one time and try them by yourself, etc. A few very basic questions regarding my experience listed on my resume.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Telephone screen with HR followed by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but was asked how does one respond when others do not cooperate.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals (Framingham, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Telephone screen with HR very informative group and helpful with details on the position and the interview expectations.

Actual Hiring Manager was pompous, condescending, and combative and raising the tone of his voice to me. Interrupted every statement with your not answing my question, when you have not had the chance to finish,,,

Stated he thought I was reading from a book. I have 25+ years experience. I broke the steps down, the activities, the resolutions, the results and the findings, he questioned my answers because I did not state "I" did the work,,, how does one explain all these steps if one was not involved in all these steps???

The HR department needs to review HOW TO INTERVIEW with this guy, his title says Director, which I cannot believe he has the skills to be at this level with the interview I was given.

Only twice in all my years did I have to stop an interview and exit, once when I was being harrassed and this one when I was being insulted!

Interview Questions

• why do you speak in the third person, you sound like you are reading from a book,,,,,   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals (Allston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a lot of disconnect between the scheduler and the hiring managers. The schedule with different time zone and no one was on the right page. It took a slow process to get just a phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging task that I have encountered?   1 Answer

Sales Representiative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals (Charleston, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

4 interviews with multiple personel process took a long time.

Prefer to be outside.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals (Waltham, MA) in December 2008.

Interview

Human resources very professional but hiring process beyond that rather erratic. At scientist level expects full day or close to it with seminar presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward benefits package and pay offer satisfactory