George Mason University Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

George Mason University Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I mailed professor asking for a Graduate teaching assistant position for her course and then she took a Skype interview for 20 mins and asked some questions about my Major and about the course for which i had applied. Interview was very easy and I think she liked my profile.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my Major, and regarding the course.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for George Mason University

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a nice interaction with my professor. He asked about my experience in that particular field. We spoke about the projects I have worked on. Did not have a technical interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was good ,initially they took my lab exam which was 2 hours long,it is a online exam and asked me to Packet tracer to create a lab.Lab exam was consist of three routers and two switches.I needed to configure RIP routing protocol after assigning a proper IP address to each and every interface.After passing the lab exam they called me for interview.In the interview they asked me about my work experience.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Had to fill up a form in my department for GTA. The TA co-ordinator for the department looked at my application and grades for the previous semesters, and emailed me for the available position

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken so far and your availability for the semester   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email saying that they are looking for to consider me for the position. Then I had a phone interview asking general behavioral questions and very basic technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

one on one. A screening interview is a type of job interview that is conducted to determine if the applicant has the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring. A screening interview is typically the first interview in the hiring process.

A screening interview can be conducted over the phone or in-person. In both cases, the results of the screening interview will determine if the candidate moves to the next round of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• About my staticstical knowledge   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didnt have one

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at George Mason University (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was emailed by the University about a Teaching Assistant requirement followed by an interview about my resume.Basic questions on electronics were asked and the courses I wished to teach.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

There was no interview, I was hired out of necessity. The department is under staffed and under funded, however this is due to the tenured faculty or the majority of them not having any current funding. So GTA stipends are paid by the college of science rather than by the department which is more of the norm.

Interview Questions

• What labs would I be most comfortable teaching.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at George Mason University in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was standard. I just met the professor and director to discuss expectations.The courses taken and my expertise had to be displayed. Most of the responsibilities were outlined early on so I was clear what my responsibilities were. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions regarding previous courses taken. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Contact by department, apply online. very smooth, no hard time. You have to be a full time student to get hired. They call you first to check your availability and background. One interview is from gta coordinator

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation