George Weston Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at George Weston

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Weston (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied this job from company's website, and got call from HR next day. The HR is very nice, she set a fixed time with me on first call, and the telephone lasted about 30 minutes as she mentioned. She followed my resume, and asked about 20 questions, for example, "why did you quit from previous job? why you want to join in our company? why you think you are the right candidate? what is the most frustrated thing in the work? what motivate you? ", and lots of behavior questions.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Weston (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted to have a telephone interview by the Human Resources Coordinator and that was straight forward. She set up an interview for later that week in which I was to meet her and one of the lawyers. Instead I met her, 3 lawyers and one law clerk. After discussing the job with one lawyer HR began to ask many standard behavioral questions. At one point while answering I looked over at one of the lawyers and to my surprise he was leaning back in his chair, EYES CLOSED, with his hands folded on top of his head. HR continued to ask behavioral questions until I met the senior lawyer.

The most senior lawyer didn't ask me any questions about my qualifications but told me how he would describe himself before asking me how I would describe myself. He also took the time to ask where the Loblaws locations were in my neighbourhood. He then left the room without a handshake or backward glance while I said goodbye to him.

I sent a thank you note and a few days later, without acknowledging the note or saying thank you to me, HR asked for my references and then called them. I contacted her a few weeks later to find out about the status of my application and she said they were still interviewing. The job ad is still up two months later so I'm not sure why she was in such a hurry to check my references.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered gossip in the workplace.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at George Weston.

Interview

There are two stages to the interview process, with the human resource then the hiring manager who you will work with. Checked with company after 3 weeks on interview process and got a generic email that they were moving on with other applicants instead.

Interview Questions

• the questions weren't difficult, they were relevant to the position on offer but in the second interview: the hiring manager was more interested in looking for faults i have rather than the value i can bring to the company.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at George Weston in February 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by someone from HR to do a phone interview. The interview was quite straightforward, going through the resume and the basic "what are your strength and weaknesses" questions. The recruiter was nice, and helpfully clarified questions when unclear or unspecified. The entire phone process took about 15 to 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• What in your opinion is the most undesirable quality in a manager   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at George Weston (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy.
    HR contacts with basic traditional questions.
    Manager contacts with few questions afterwards.

Negotiation

N/A