Georgetown University Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.4

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

After a phone screening there was a peer interview followed by a one to one interview with the hiring manager. Both interviews were relatively short and the whole process only lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move careers? What are you looking for in your next job?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with the PI of the lab I applied for. This interview went very well and the job description was very attractive. It lasted about two and a half hours, and he invited me to come back and meet with two other associates in the lab. This is when it started to go down hill. During the second interview, the associates made it seem like the lab had very little work-life balance and badmouthed different people who were working in the lab. They could not come up with any other benefits of taking the job other than the reason of, "The [PI] can give a great reference!"

Then, after not hearing anything for a full week, the PI messages me the offer, almost 20k below the agreed upon amount. The offer was so low, that after taxes, the salary would be below the poverty line, for a position that required specialized experience and a higher degree. Sad, because the job itself was my dream job, if the job itself could get a rating: 5/5, the people however, kind of ruined it with their unpleasantness and dishonesty.

Interview Questions

• What are your previous research experiences? statistical software comfortable with? Experience with human subjects (Phone/in person screenings)? etc. etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied a month ago, and was called for a semi screening and an interview three days later. Met with the hiring manager and the team I would be working with. Basic round robin questions, nothing that through me for a loop. Great experience overall.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went direct to in-person, no phone screening beforehand. There was a round two with a panel. The process moved along fairly quickly. There was campaign presentation before the panel. While the staff was largely female, there was no diversity at all, from either panel. Very surprising to see from a university which touts diversity and promotes a global mindset.

Energy and Utilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round was an on the phone interview reviewing my resume, then there was an in-person interview in the energy and utility department with a group of the employees where they took turns asking questions during the interview process. The questions were fairly entry level, discussing my challenges and projects as an undergraduate student

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had with a partner or teammate and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Student Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was chosen for an interview by the managers at the time. They mostly checked for personality and did not require technical ability for the job, but my combination of both really set me apart from other applicants. The position was extremely selective, with just 11% of applicants receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• What part of a computer are you? Why?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Selected for interview, you might expect phone calls or on-site interview. Once it is you had interview the outcome is notify within a day and will require you to start working once you have been approved by the school and finish setting you payment account.

Temporary Position- Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

One of the HR Directors asked me to complete a series of Microsoft Office software tests (Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). The testing software was good, unlike other software I have taken tests on that didn't seem to allow for multiple pathways to find an answer. This software wasn't perfect, but it was ok. I ended up scoring well.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about what department you're interested in working in.   1 Answer

Senior BUSINESS OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the manager and several potential colleagues. Very congenial atmosphere and good personality matches right off the bat. Good communication and transparency and respectful dialogue throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle competing priorities especially when difficult personalities are thrown into the mix?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was really quick and easy, it did not take more than half an hour. I was asked why I wanted to job and about my past experiences and credentials. It was really straightforward.