Georgetown University Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.3

Energy and Utilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round was an on the phone interview reviewing my resume, then there was an in-person interview in the energy and utility department with a group of the employees where they took turns asking questions during the interview process. The questions were fairly entry level, discussing my challenges and projects as an undergraduate student

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had with a partner or teammate and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Selected for interview, you might expect phone calls or on-site interview. Once it is you had interview the outcome is notify within a day and will require you to start working once you have been approved by the school and finish setting you payment account.

Temporary Position- Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

One of the HR Directors asked me to complete a series of Microsoft Office software tests (Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). The testing software was good, unlike other software I have taken tests on that didn't seem to allow for multiple pathways to find an answer. This software wasn't perfect, but it was ok. I ended up scoring well.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about what department you're interested in working in.   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was really quick and easy, it did not take more than half an hour. I was asked why I wanted to job and about my past experiences and credentials. It was really straightforward.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was fairly easy from what I recall. They have a temp service that supplies full time employees. Basic questions, nothing too tough. Met with hiring manager and then team prior to receiving the official offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

It is really an informal interview. Recruiter asked to go over the resume and asked former research experience. And also the tech skills. And then professor goes over the project and asks for opinions. That is pretty much it. Very easy and less stress.

Husbandry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

First I had several e-mail conversation, they asked me for my CV and cover letter, recommendations and then made appointment for the interview with several people, where I discussed with each one about my experience and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions were mostly regarding experience and previous job position. Interviewer asked mostly about my readiness to work and commit myself to the new job tasks, am I able to work in that environment, to finish all tasks and duties on time, do I have a flexible working hours, can I work on holidays and weekends, do I take seriously my job and what is my short and long term plan. He asked me about my reasons why I decided to change my previous jobs and move to that new one.   1 Answer
    • Am I confident person.   Answer Question

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

All day interview. Met with a number of people at a number of different levels of the organization: vice presidents, managers, support staff, etc. Can be a bit tiring going from one interview to the next without much of a break.

Prior to the all day interview, there was a phone two phone interviews: one with the team members and then the other with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?
      How will you be able to prioritize tasks?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The salary was set.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was not a difficult or formal interview. The process mostly has to do with meeting a professor during the period in which you are a student in their course. For me, this was a professor in the accounting department.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Got email asking for a one-on-one- interview about two weeks after I submitted application, just some behavioral questions. And and got the email congratulating me that I got the job