Georgia College & State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Georgia College & State University

2.5

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very conversation like. My interviewer was also my supervisor for the position. He was very laid back and asked me only a few questions. He expressed his need for a social media presence and the nature of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation within the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Ask basic questions pertaining to the position. Am I tidy? Am I clean? How is my phone etiquette. Everyone I met was friendly and excited to have me on. If you meet their qualifications they hire you on the spot. It sholdnt be too hard to get the position.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University in April 2011.

Interview

I applied to the masters of biology program and my SAT scores and other science grades led me to be offered a graduate assistant-ship and free tuition. I was hesitant at first because I was actually a non science major in my undergrad and I knew i was going to be taking 6000 level classes and teaching for the very first time. I was reassured that I could handle the work. I did my own personal studying as well as prep work in our shared Graduate assistant office.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle teaching your own classes as well as still taking on a full load?   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Typical interview structure and questions. Learn about the department/division that you are applying for, how it supports/provides for the institution, and how you see yourself contributing to it. Furthermore, learn about the institution and makes it unique from the other universities in the system.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University.

Interview

Panel interview with search committee (and chair), then individual interviews with program chair, department chair, dean, and dean of faculty (now provost). Also gave a teaching demonstration, went to lunch with the entire department and then dinner with the search committee.

Interview Questions

• Most alarming questions: You seem really young. Is that going to be a problem? Will you be able to deal with students so close to your age?

Your accent is really thick. Do you think students will be able to understand you?

Both questions were asked by a committee member, in front of the chair.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University.

Interview

Very brief and short to the point. Easy and intentional hiring managers. Wanted you to succeed and from the first interview made you feel like you would be valued and heard as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself bringing as a student employee?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took less than 30 minutes, only had one interview, accepted within 2 weeks of interview. Interview questions were pretty generic. Questions about experience, weaknesses and strengths, etc. Not too bad at all.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed about a year ago. Unless their interview process has changed. The process is way to long for a job that pays less than $35,000 a year. The process took almost four hours.

During that span, I interviewed with the assistant director of the advisement center, a professor, a group of three advisor, an entire room of advisors, and the director.

They all essentially asked the same questions. I've interviewed for another advisor position and the interview was a little less than an hour. That is all it takes.

So if Georgia College hasn't changed their way of interviewing, they need to change it ASAP.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. First round of interviews was over the phone with three employees from the same department and lasted about 30 minutes. Very scripted and basic questions. Within about 3 weeks I was called back for an in person interview which took most of the day. About 45 minutes was dedicated to more in depth questions from the same three employees from the phone interview. I had to prepare and present to the employees as if I was already hired and working in the role at a campus fair. Finally, an hour was devoted to a one on one interview with the head of the department. From there it was another 3+ weeks for the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Georgia College primarily recruits students from urban areas. What would you do to help recruit more students from rural areas of Georgia and why do you think we're currently not reaching that audience.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview to go through, probably my easiest ever. Essentially was a normal conversation with my potential supervisor, mainly talking about what was necessary for the job. She was mainly vetting me to see if I was personable and friendly. The type of person that would work good with the students that would come into the office. Now this interview may not be indicative of other interviews within the University as this was a student position, but I have had other interviews in the school that have been of a similar format.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a customer service position before?   Answer Question