Georgia College & State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.5

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took less than 30 minutes, only had one interview, accepted within 2 weeks of interview. Interview questions were pretty generic. Questions about experience, weaknesses and strengths, etc. Not too bad at all.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University.

Interview

Panel interview with search committee (and chair), then individual interviews with program chair, department chair, dean, and dean of faculty (now provost). Also gave a teaching demonstration, went to lunch with the entire department and then dinner with the search committee.

Interview Questions

• Most alarming questions: You seem really young. Is that going to be a problem? Will you be able to deal with students so close to your age?

Your accent is really thick. Do you think students will be able to understand you?

Both questions were asked by a committee member, in front of the chair.
      Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA).

Interview

There were three individuals involved with the interview process, including my senior director of The Give Center and the head office manager. I was presented with various types of questions regarding my position on volunteering, working with others and any oppositions I might have to the work required.

Interview Questions

• How would you answer the phone to assist a potential customer/volunteer? Also, what is your biggest pet-peave when you are dealing with employees in customer service   Answer Question

University Advancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The initial interview process was a short 30 minute phone conversation. It felt like it was scripted and didn't actual offer any opportunity to really get to know the applicant or their skills. There were bullet points on my resume that related directly to this position, but nothing about my related work experience was asked.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses? Really? This question is never appropriate for a professional position.   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview to go through, probably my easiest ever. Essentially was a normal conversation with my potential supervisor, mainly talking about what was necessary for the job. She was mainly vetting me to see if I was personable and friendly. The type of person that would work good with the students that would come into the office. Now this interview may not be indicative of other interviews within the University as this was a student position, but I have had other interviews in the school that have been of a similar format.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a customer service position before?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview. The interview started with two of the current student workers. They asked me simple question about myself. They then directed me to meet with the directors. The directors asked more specific question about my experience and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or a team-player?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. First round of interviews was over the phone with three employees from the same department and lasted about 30 minutes. Very scripted and basic questions. Within about 3 weeks I was called back for an in person interview which took most of the day. About 45 minutes was dedicated to more in depth questions from the same three employees from the phone interview. I had to prepare and present to the employees as if I was already hired and working in the role at a campus fair. Finally, an hour was devoted to a one on one interview with the head of the department. From there it was another 3+ weeks for the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Georgia College primarily recruits students from urban areas. What would you do to help recruit more students from rural areas of Georgia and why do you think we're currently not reaching that audience.   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very conversation like. My interviewer was also my supervisor for the position. He was very laid back and asked me only a few questions. He expressed his need for a social media presence and the nature of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you help GovStrive promote via social media?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation within the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Ask basic questions pertaining to the position. Am I tidy? Am I clean? How is my phone etiquette. Everyone I met was friendly and excited to have me on. If you meet their qualifications they hire you on the spot. It sholdnt be too hard to get the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University.

Interview

Two interviews: phone screen and on-campus. On campus interview lasted for most of the day and included interviews with search committee, direct supervisor, and upper level administration. Also included a campus tour and a presentation on a job-related topic.