Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied via my university's career website. Received a phone call from HR. They reached back out within a week. There was supposed to be an accounting test and writing sample. You must pass background test.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my resume.
      Name a time when you found an error in large sample of data? How did you find it?
      How would you handle customer service?
      Name time there was some conflict in a team? What caused it? How did you handle it?

How do you handle multiple assignments?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flat 15 per hour 40hr week.

Staff Auditor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts.

Interview

Interview began with the HR manager who will ask you some basic questions to fill out an application. You'll then be asked some behavioral questions. Look at the job announcement to know what qualities they are looking for. After the interview with HR, there will be an accounting quiz and writing sample. Don't get yourself worried about this. If you passed introductory accounting you will be fine. It's very basic (a small business owner who does their own bookkeeping would do well on this test). The writing sample is pretty easy as well. You should have a basic idea of what (and the purpose of) auditing is and be able to express that well in writing. You will then interview with some department heads (3 people). They will ask behavioral and traditional questions. They are looking for people who have just graduated an accounting program. If you have your Masters they are looking for someone with no gaps in education. This is entry level so they are looking for someone fresh out of school. Prepare for the interview and you should be fine. Between the HR manager and the department heads they ask a great deal of questions. Somewhere between 20-30 questions. So again just be prepared. Just know that if you are not selected it probably is not a reflection on you. You just may not fit into their culture. In that case it's better for both parties. Move on there is something better out there for you. Best wishes!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to prioritize with a deadline?
      Tell me about a time you notice an error in a set of data, what did you do?
      Why did you choose accounting?
      If you could choose a career other than accounting what would it be?
      Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Interview

I interview with the HR director and then took a basic accounting test along with a writing sample.

After that, I interviewed with an assistant director, manager, and a senior answering behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to report negative news to someone.   Answer Question