Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD)

Social Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD).

Interview

The interview process was Enlightening, friendly, thorough, welcoming, group interview, tour, easy. However it takes a while to hear back for an offer. After an offer is provider on boarding is fairly quick with two week orientation. However the orientation does not consist of the actual job responsibilities, more on how to interact with the population.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) (Savannah, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the Program Assistant to schedule an interview. I was asked a series of questions by two charge nurses and the nurse manager. Topics ranged from strengths, weaknesses, prior jobs, what I was looking for, and if I had any questions for them.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

In a room with about 8 different managers asking you questions about your height and weight, work availability, and other general things. Then they start asking you scenario type questions. Everyone is dressed casual to office casual. Each manager will ask you a different question. You are given pretty much as much time as you want to answer so take your time.

Interview Questions

• If you had to tell someone that they needed to inform a patient that family visiting hours were over, how would you approach them and what would you say?   Answer Question

Forensic Service Tech (FST) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) (Columbus, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple Application, Easy interview. Interviewed with the Human Resources Recruiter and three other nurses (one was the person hiring me). Took Turns asking the questions. Only thing negative was there is a "hold-over" policy. In order to get offered the job ,you have to agree and sign the hold over policy. Stating that you might have to work an extra 8 hours in order to have the hospital covered at all times.

Interview Questions

• Do you have behavioral health experience?   1 Answer

Hst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) (Columbus, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

They were very professional and also friendly and approachable. I did not feel nervous talking to them, and they were not rude or stuffy as some interviewers. The questions in the interview were pertaining to the job and gave me a chance to address my skills and understanding of the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a difficult individual?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process as this job did have a set salary that was offered, and was acceptable to me at the time.

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gracewood, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) (Gracewood, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by my supervisor a couple of times. Because of the respect I have for my title, and the respect I gained for my supervisor, I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Did I feel I could work with the population of this type.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD).

Interview

The hiring process was with a 3 person panel CEO, Nurse Exec, COO and the experience was average. I receive the type of interview I expected. 1. consisted of a phone interview, 2, consisted of an in person interview with a 3 person panel CEO, COO, Nurse Exec, 3 consisted of an 2 person face to face interview with CEO and Direct of Training.

Interview Questions

• Was i aware of the agreement with the Department of Justice   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple they wanted me and I got the salary requested

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website by submitting my resume to the required e-mail address. I believe it took about a month for a call. I had an in-person panel interview with the an HR rep (her name was Carol) and 2 other department directors (the position was for their departments. They would share the Executive Assistant).

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral type questions; however, they did give me a copy of the list of questions so I wouldn't lose my place and could read along. This was very nice.   Answer Question

Unanswered Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD).

Interview

The office was cold and damp. The office furniture was obsolete. The building is out of date and sections of the building are dirty. Bathrooms tended to be clean. There was plenty of room to offer more supports for employees but very little was done. Elevators did not always run efficiently and you could get caught between floors. Fire drills might have everyone in the building standing outside for 2+ hours in inclimate weather.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible.

Group Home Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) in February 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and told I would be needed to work immediately. Upon leaving the employer I was still working for, this company changed the position I was hired for to one that paid $7000 less than the one I just left.