Georgia Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Davisboro, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Davisboro, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a third party site and was called for an interview about one week later. When I arrived at the facility I had to fill out a paper application. I interviewed with the Warden and it lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted application and was called in for an interview. Interviewed with the warden. P/T( Drug, physical abilities, etc. 5 weeks training academy one that involved handling a firearm. Pretty simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about life and what I HD accomplished that would help me do my job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Buford, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went in and filled out the application. Same day I was interviewed by the lieutenant and 3 wardens. They said I was hired on the spot. Start training in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make sure you and your fellow officers are safe.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wrightsville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Wrightsville, GA).

Interview

Long. You have to take a test then wait for either a pass or fail. Then you apply for the job and get an interview anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. You are scheduled for the interview along with other people. They are usually harsh in the interviews to weed out people who would be pushovers.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to tell an inmate no and hold your ground?   Answer Question

Food Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grovetown, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Grovetown, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview include three groups panel. The interview was not hard. Working in the food service for one year made me a good candidate for the position. I'm the type of person that is a quick learner.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Safe Serve questions? Also, other questions about temperature on food.   Answer Question

Probation Officer I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Dallas, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the GDC website and sent all the required information to the agency of my choosing. The following week was called in to take a physical test and interview. This only took about a week. A week later I was call back in for the job offer. The interview process was pretty straight forward. I was interview by a PO 3 and the chief. I was only in there for about 15 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Milledgeville, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 Wardens. Before the interview was given math test about cells and inmates. All asked random questions and didn't allow too much time or personable answers. When the interview was over, I was told by the Officer out front I can leave. No further information.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you been through in the past 3 months?   Answer Question

Correctional Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Buford, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Fill out job application online and submit via fax or email
    Physical Agility Test
    Push-ups, sit-ups. 1.5 mile run
    Varies for men and female but the standards are very low (less than 10)
    Drug test (urine)
    Interview
    Physical examination at your own cost- including an in-depth hearing and vision test
    5weeks of training (away) including one week of firearms training
    Allowed to go home on the weekends
    Must qualify with a revolver and a shotgun

The order of the interview process will vary depending on the location in which you are applying to

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working with individuals who have committed very heinous crimes?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Statesboro, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online around September 2014, had an interview November 2014, and was hired January 2015. A panel of three interviewed me, ask several questions. It was a nice experience. I suggest being very patient. The panel will choose the top three and then make their selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay isn't the greatest but it is a state job.

Probation Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections.

Interview

You must complete a State test prior to application. Send State of Georgia Application and supporting documentation and wait for interview to be scheduled. You will be interviewed by a board of Probation Officers and supervisors. Dress in a suit and tie and carry some extra copies of your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Probation and Parole?   1 Answer