Georgia Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Georgia Department of Corrections

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Hawkinsville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Hawkinsville, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask why would I be a good fit for the position? How would you respond to violence and dangerous offenders? They would like to know in state of emergency could you stay overtime and not get paid?

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working 12 hr shifts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Davisboro, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Davisboro, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a third party site and was called for an interview about one week later. When I arrived at the facility I had to fill out a paper application. I interviewed with the Warden and it lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Jackson, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

At that time there were a total of 3 interviews. I think they have changed it to 2. You have your Initial interview and final interview..
    then you will get a call back if you have been considered for the position. You will have to go pick up your paperwork for finger prints and etc.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Buford, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went in and filled out the application. Same day I was interviewed by the lieutenant and 3 wardens. They said I was hired on the spot. Start training in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make sure you and your fellow officers are safe.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Milledgeville, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 Wardens. Before the interview was given math test about cells and inmates. All asked random questions and didn't allow too much time or personable answers. When the interview was over, I was told by the Officer out front I can leave. No further information.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you been through in the past 3 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wrightsville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Wrightsville, GA).

Interview

Long. You have to take a test then wait for either a pass or fail. Then you apply for the job and get an interview anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. You are scheduled for the interview along with other people. They are usually harsh in the interviews to weed out people who would be pushovers.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to tell an inmate no and hold your ground?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Hamilton, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was told my job duties, salary , benefits, and what was expected of me as a Correctional Officer.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle an unruly inmate to keep him safe and also those around him safe   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was just told what my salary would be and there was no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Reidsville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Reidsville, GA) in November 2007.

Interview

Corrections post all current job openings on the State Website: I picked the prison I wanted to interview for and emailed them my State Application and Current Resume. They emailed me back with an interview date and a list of documents to bring to the interview: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Driver License, High School Diploma, Military DD214 & Copies of Certification if Applicable: example: Certified Police Officer & Correctional Officer for the State of Georgia. Dispositions of any previous criminal record "if applicable"

Interview Questions

• What is/are my weaknesses? Taking a negative and making it a positive weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I interview with the Major at the Prison: Ask what are my strengths and weaknesses? What can I contribute to the team? What are your long term goals within the department? What previous employment or experiences I have had that would be inline with the position I was applying for?

After successful interview; he offered me the job and then completed a Background Check, Driver License History, Drug Test & Physical with Hearing Test.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted application and was called in for an interview. Interviewed with the warden. P/T( Drug, physical abilities, etc. 5 weeks training academy one that involved handling a firearm. Pretty simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about life and what I HD accomplished that would help me do my job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation.

Correctional Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Buford, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Fill out job application online and submit via fax or email
    Physical Agility Test
    Push-ups, sit-ups. 1.5 mile run
    Varies for men and female but the standards are very low (less than 10)
    Drug test (urine)
    Interview
    Physical examination at your own cost- including an in-depth hearing and vision test
    5weeks of training (away) including one week of firearms training
    Allowed to go home on the weekends
    Must qualify with a revolver and a shotgun

The order of the interview process will vary depending on the location in which you are applying to

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working with individuals who have committed very heinous crimes?   1 Answer