Georgia Department of Economic Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Department of Economic Development Interview Questions

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Department of Economic Development

China Initiatives Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development.

Interview

Applied online, went in for in person interview. I was interviewed by my boss and two other interns. It was a very generic interview. She was open and clear with the job and what my duties as an intern would entail.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between economic development and economics?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through my campus career center and through email. I got a call back the next day and came in for an interview a few days afterward. The interview was very easy-- basically a review of my resume and a few skills questions and a tour of the department.

Interview Questions

• What sort of databases have you used?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development.

Interview

Fairly easy. I was recommended by a friend of the director of the division. Informal interview with basic interview questions and review of my resume. I later met with the HR manager, which I thought it was going to be an actual interview, but it was just to offer the job and sign papers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation you had to deal with when you were working under a lot of stress   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in May 2014.

Interview

The manager was also one of my online college professors so she told me about the internship. I emailed her later on in the semester about applying for the internships and she told me to submit a resume and writing sample to her assistant. A week later I received an email asking for my availability to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of the manger, her assistant, and current interns. They all asked at least one question. The manager informed me of a trial day I have to pass to get the internship. I was contacted within a day to set up for my trial period. I had to go in for 2 days. A month later I still didn't hear anything so I emailed the assistant and she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid position so little negotiation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I recieved a phone call requesting an interview and I went in two days later. When I arrived, I was greeted by the two supervisors and we went to a conference room for the interview. They first explained what they do - which is a lot, and very interesting - and then they asked me questions. After that, it was a very free flowing discussion. I left the inteview very excited and hopeful.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very standard. What could I bring to the internship? What are my interests? Etc.   Answer Question

Unfortunately, I was made an offer elsewhere.

Economics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in January 2011.

Interview

I was called in to interview about two days after I applied. The interviewer was extremely polite and well-spoken. The actual interview was somewhat informal, but still consisted of the basic questions. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Etc.... It was not a bad interview "experience" by any means.

Interview Questions

• What analysis would you most likely use in examining an industry in relation to tourism.   1 Answer

I declined the offer because I accepted an offer from a different company.

Project Manager II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in August 2009.

Interview

Was referred to the organization who then sent me the requirement. I applied to the opportunity through HR and copied that employee referral. HR contacted me via phone and after some basic quals set up a 1to1 interview. After that I was advised that I made the short list and was brought back for a second interview with the senior manager and they soon made an offer which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would go about lead generation for a state agency.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was prestated take it or leave it as it was a govt agency.