Georgia Department of Labor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Department of Labor

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Labor (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Panel review with five people who work there in different departments. Standard questions although some were very specific to work functions. You will have to answer questions about how much you want to be paid and if it's not in line with how much they have budgeted for you probably won't get a call back.

DOL Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Labor (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview process was pretty good. It was myself and 2 supervisors. They took turns asking questions. One would ask and the other would write. They asked about my resume and to describe my previous job duties, which I did. This was not a tough interview. Very professional and straight-forward. After the interview. I had to take an analytical test and typing test. Once that was complete, the interview process was over and they stated they would notify me if I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at working in a production environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. When they call and offer you the position. They tell you then, what the salary is for that position. If you accept, they email you an offer letter. Even if you ask to negotiate the salary, they will state, it is set.

DOL Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Labor.

Interview

It takes awhile unless you know someone. It's much like any other place, except Government jobs usually take a little longer before you hear something back. Then after you interview you have to wait a couple of weeks to know if you got the job or not. So if you need something quickly don't apply, or apply and prepare yourself for a wait.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing really unexpected or difficult. Just do research on the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Labor (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

the processed required us to to submit essay and about why we want to work at the department of labor. you were notified once you got accepted into the summer internship program and then placed into a specific group for training and then put out there to do the job

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Labor (Athens, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is very slow - even after the offer is extended. Constant call backs and check ups needed.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Labor (Statesboro, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

Four months after I applied for this position, I was called for an interview. The interview was formal, with representatives from the office, the district, and the partner agency that governs the program I now work under. There was a pre-determined set of questions, and the interview was recorded.

Two months after the interview, I was called, and an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an accomplishment you felt proud of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You don't negotiate with the state. Minimum offer is extended. Pay freeze is in effect, so if the offer they give you is not good enough, do not take the job. There is very little chance you will get a raise.