Georgia Department of Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Department of Natural Resources

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two interviews for me. The first was a short phone call to weed the large number of applicants down for an in-person interview. The phone call comprised of three questions that asked if I met the specified requirements, why I'd like to work there, and the lowest wage that I would work for. The in-person interview was impersonal and dull with the reviewer reading standard interview questions from a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I felt about the government's role in environmental remediation.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blakely, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Blakely, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 mins and I was interviewed by two individuals. I received a paper with all of the interview questions to follow along with them. After the interview, I filled out information for a background check and completed a short questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      Tell me about your experience with office equipment
      Are you familiar with (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and name a time when you used it
      Tell me about an accomplishment on your previous job
      Why are you the best candidate for this position   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

Interview

the interview consisted of a writing sample test, you had to respond to one question on a computer (no auto correct feature)format. I had around 5 to 10 min to respond. The interview was then followed by a interview panel of 3 persons they each took turns asking a range of questions from skills, to experience and technical. the whole interview process lasted 2 hours, from checking in to leaving the building.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lavonia, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Lavonia, GA).

Interview

I applied online and received the interview about a month later. I arrived at the interview about 10 minutes before the interview was to start. I ended up waiting over 40 minutes after the scheduled interview time and that was not counting the 10 minutes of my early arrival. There were 2 people asking the interview questions which was not a problem. The only issue was that I expect interviewers to respect and adhere to scheduled interview times within reason. I realize things come up, but that was not the case here. They did apologize, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. After my interview there was a little over a month that went by when I received a follow up letter from them letting me know their decision.

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Social Circle, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Social Circle, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick, within a few weeks of notification I was brought in for an interview. The interview itself was very intense, mostly geared toward specific skills related to the position. Many of the questions were hypothetically based, where I was given a specific scenario and asked to provide a solution.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how hunting is important to the funding for the DNR.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Cartersville, GA).

Interview

No interview. Was an intern prior to employment and then offered the job.

Negotiation

I was told how much I would be paid and accepted.