Georgia Department of Public Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Georgia Department of Public Health

2.7

Sort:

Clerk I Interview

Application

I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health in January 2015.

Interview

A panel of three individuals, asking approximately 10-12 questions, which includes various scenarios of privatizing working, working under pressure, and self-evaluation. Such as, why they should hire you out of all possible candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a family of four that is waiting to be attended to you have a phone call on hold an incoming call and the nurse needing your assistance?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

I emailed a resume and cover letter to who came to be my supervisor. She responde back asking for my availabilty for an interview. I met her in the office for an interview, and the next day I was notified that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to lead a group   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waycross, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Waycross, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview was pretty simple. Both interviewers were very polite. The entire process took about 40 minutes. Questions were relevant to position being offered. At the end of the interview, they asked if I had any questions in regards to the position and also explained the benefits package that came with the job offer.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danielsville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Danielsville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a panel interview in which 2 people asked questions and a third person wrote down answers to interview questions. Before the interview I had to do a writing sample.

Budget Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

It took 2 weeks to get a call for an interview. I was interviewed by a 3 person panel. The questions weren't related to the budgeting process at all. They were all soft behavioral based questions. I found this to be strange since they were hiring for a Budget Director position. The hiring manager was promoted and this is the reason why the position was available. I was very engaged in the interview process but apparently if your personality doesn't pass the test, you won't get the job. Since they have re-advertised the job, I can assume that I didn't get the job. Management seems to be more concerned with you being able to fit into the "clique" than being able to do the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways that you have been able to influence someone in a leadership position on your job to go along with an idea that you have?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health.

Interview

Everyone fills out a standard State of Georgia Employment application, but they are traditional so it pays to do a cover letter and resume. Make sure you are enthusiastic and have a good attitude. Wear conservative clothes, it's a conservative dressing kind of place, and they judge you on your clothes. Having just one person on the panel who doesn't like you can torpedo you application. Be nice to EVERYONE, especially the office people, they have unseen power. Be a little early, there is a little bit of paperwork to do, but be prepared to wait. Bring copies of resume, cover letter and references, as sometimes these are lost in the shuffle: I was asked for extra copies and I had them. There is a short phone interview to ask if you still want the position and then they schedule an interview. I had a second interview, but that is not always done. They waited some months then called and asked if I wanted the position. Call but be patient; they have gobs of government paperwork they have to do before they can hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Department of Public Health?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked with a difficult client and tell us about the outcome.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach someone where their neighbor complained that they had a leaking septic tank, and how would you mediate the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you would word a request to remediate an environmental health risk situation that you would mail out to the person or business you feel was causing the situation.   Answer Question

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

10 questions, round robin style. Usually 3 or 4 people on the interview panel. They'll ask the questions and write down what you are saying and then in the end ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowledge of the disease's epidemiology in Georgia and the populations most affected   1 Answer

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Macon, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got email to set interview date,there were 3 panel interview members ,asked about behavioral,some are epidemiology Basic questions.very easy questions....like confidence interval,ppv,p-value........after interview there is skill test. Using excel,word document

Epidemiologist - Public Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

phone screen interview. It is my first interview. The position required to fill immediately. The phone screen focus on the time flexibility and skills.The interviewer is not patient for answers. If time does not match, they will end the interview quickly. They do not sponsor for H1B visa. The temporal position duration is 3 mons and opt to extension.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Public Health.

Interview

Very professional. Very easy questions. Atmosphere was very calm and inviting. The person who interviewed me was very down to earth. They have a great benefit package and it is not expensive at all.