Georgia Department of Revenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Department of Revenue Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 4 people interviewing me. All of the questions required me to give specific examples of when I dealt with whatever question they were asking. At the end there were a couple of technical accounting questions. They did not ask the typical interview questions. It was a hard interview. After the interview, I had to do an exercise on the computer with microsoft excell and word.

Interview Questions

• Name one goal you have and what you have recently done to reach that goal.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue.

Interview

Three person panel interview. Formal and scripted. Required me to sit at head of one end of table while they read their scripted, three-part questions from the other side. I had to hand over any written words I'd written in my notebook in the beginning and the end of the interview - I assume to prevent cheating and smuggling out the interview questions being asked to later post on glassdoor lol - very odd. Two of the three people tried to put me at ease, somewhat, and make the interview a comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you lost credibility. What caused this to occur and how did you regain credibility?   Answer Question

Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview which consisted of people of different races, age and sex. The questions were centered around the job and the expected job duties. The Hiring Manager was very knowledgeable and thorough in his description of the job and duties involved. He spoke very clearly and opened it up for questions after the interview was over

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform the minimum requirements of the job as outlined in the job description?   1 Answer

Compliance Agents Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview is conducted by a panel. They ask approximately 10 scripted questions that are specific to the job. There will be a supervisor, manager, Senior manager and a HR representative that comprise the panel. The atmosphere is relaxed and sometimes friendly. The interview will be a followed up by a letter or email if you were not chosen. You will receive a phone call if you are selected...

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle an irate taxpayer?   1 Answer

Office Supervisor Interview

Interview

One on one interview, 5 candidates applied...questions were scenario situations

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a three person panel interview - my immediate supervisor and two other managers. The entire interview lasted about 20 minutes. It seemed intimidating at first because of the amount of people, but once I we started talking, it was all right. They each read standard questions from a sheet of paper about the typical instances - failures, successes and explained the overall expectations of the job. The job was totally different from what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Explain a group situation you were part of and you failed. Explain the role you played and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Employee Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Behavioral interview all the way. They were seeking to determine if you could perform the competencies needed by examples of when you had actually done it. Friendly panel - no :good cop:, "bad cop" routine. Panel was diverse and consisted of people from the function where I applied. Overall, a very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Revenue Agent I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

An interview that included the standard run of the mill questions and a test that was designed for basic math and English skills. The interviewers would get a sense for what the applicant was able to deliver and then react with an offer after checking out the applicants information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

starting date, but not pay rate.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was a group interview, consisting of supervisors and managers of hiring division. I felt very comfortable, the people were nice, access entry to almost every entrance. The process was simple and went smoothly. My advice is to dress professionally, maintain eye contact, practice your oral and written communication skills and you will do just fine! They don't ask the typical interview questions, "So tell me about yourself". The questions are all job related as well as the test. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of good judgement in the work environment?   Answer Question

Mail Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Revenue in October 2008.

Interview

They gave me a call , and schuduled an Interview time and I was able to start the following Monday