Georgia Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Georgia Department of Transportation

2.7

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

They only work with staffing agencies, since they tend to hire only contractors now. I had an extensive phone interview with my agent and then the agents manager about technical skills and work experience. Finally, after about 1 month I was called in for a 1:1 in person interview with the hiring manager, who is also the Team Lead for the IT dept. It was a brief 20 min interview which mostly was small talk and a little bit of technical questions here or there.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, asked to elaborate about previous work experience. Not a whole lot of technical questions, since management is not very technical themselves.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation.

Interview

I met with recruiters at a career fair at my school, and I was called one of the specific departments that I chose on my survey, and was scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The question was to the effect of having to deal with adversity in the workplace, or a time where I have to take on a leadership role when that was not my initial purpose.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called by the HR office, and sent a acceptance package with details.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview pocess was a panel, very personable, asked past accounting experiences and typiclly situational questions.

After management has realized the affect that emotional intelligence has on the success of teamwork, positive changes will emerge and employees all like to see rewards for good behavior

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was first called by one of the accounting supervisors to schedule my interview.

In the interview, there was a panel of about 10 people. This included the administrator, 4 accounting supervisors, and 4-5 lead accountants. I was asked a few behavioral question as well as some accounting conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• The conceptual questions were unexpected as this was my first time interviewing for an accounting position.   Answer Question

Transportation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation.

Interview

Panel of four people including two from HR and two from the transportation team. They read from a set of four questions and wrote down the answers as I spoke

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went into the office and interviewed with a panel of supervisors from 2 departments. Asked some questions about basic technical know-how. The whole interview was about an hour long.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview before an in person one. I was not able to show up in person so I did the second interview on the phone as well. Most of the questions focused on my past experiences. There was one technical question in which I was given a scenario and I was asked how I would approach the situation. It was a traffic problem. I thought it was pretty straightforward. The overall experience of the interview was good. But I did learn how to answer some questions in a more effective way. The feedback that I was given was that I should listen to the questions more carefully.

Civil Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of five people two from Human resources and three engineers and they would ask questions consecutively and write down you response and its grade.. They would ask general questions the pertain to leadership and your ability to manage work loads and deal with clients. There was minimal questions asked about the technical part of the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was needed to design a vertical and horizontal geometrical curve?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jesup, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Jesup, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

there were three people in the room, all were P.E., they ask about codes and different civil engineering standards. they ask me how many projects and internships i have throughout my college career.

Personnel Tech II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation.

Interview

It took 3 months to get a call. I had a panel review no phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected if you read the job description they will ask you for examples of when you did the things listed on there.   Answer Question