Georgia Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Department of Transportation Interview Questions

Interviews at Georgia Department of Transportation

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation.

Interview

The interview included three people. They asked a series of basic HR and employment questions. You also have to be familiar with the job description. Once I completed the interview I asked a few questions about when the position would start. About two or three months later I received a phone call and an offer letter from HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation.

Interview

Filled an app out online. Maybe 3 months later I received a call for an interview . Arrived at the interview which happened to be a paneled interview. The panel was made up of three people from the department and a member of HR. Within 3-4 weeks I was offered the position and accepted. Typical behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a tense situation and explain what how you handled it.   Answer Question

Personnel Tech II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation.

Interview

It took 3 months to get a call. I had a panel review no phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected if you read the job description they will ask you for examples of when you did the things listed on there.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Ll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jesup, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Jesup, GA) in June 2019.

Interview

6 person Panel Interview last about 20mins. Be prompt. One person ask most questions. There were 3 sectors Construction, Design, and traffic management. Construction is 20% office. Design is 99% office. Traffic is 80% office

Interview Questions

• How to solve a traffic intersection problem   1 Answer

Legal Analyst Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Weeks later my application status changed from "under review" to "no longer under consideration". I received a call about 2 days later from the manager asking me if I would like to interview. The interview consisted of 4 people, only one asked questions. It was rather bad from the beginning. The receptionist was rude when I walked in, no greeting she just talked on her cell phone. The interview started late. 3 women and 1 man. The women could not be more interested in my interview if someone paid them. They were quite, one even played on her cell phone under the table. No one really smiled or made me feel comfortable I honestly think I was just called to fill in and they weren't interested in me from the beginning, even though I qualified for the position. No one walked me out when the interview was over, the expected me to find my way back to the lobby.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not hard, just come prepared with some scenarios and answers to typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Department of Transportation (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of five people two from Human resources and three engineers and they would ask questions consecutively and write down you response and its grade.. They would ask general questions the pertain to leadership and your ability to manage work loads and deal with clients. There was minimal questions asked about the technical part of the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was needed to design a vertical and horizontal geometrical curve?   1 Answer