Georgia Division of Family and Children Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Division of Family and Children Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Macon, GA).

Interview

A series of questions to determine if you understand what the job entails and a brief scenario question on customer service. Questions different members of agency management to determine if you are qualified to work at all departments of the agency.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a client who is upset due to a misunderstanding?   1 Answer

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Marietta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, one week later received an email for an interview, interviewed a week later on a panel of two individuals, (also took an assessment in order to continue with the interview YOU MUST PASS) and received a phone call the same day with an offer. Began employment in December, was not too pressed about start date because I was still employed (it's a PROCESS... background checks, fingerprinting, etc)

A Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Valdosta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I sat in front of a panel of people that asked you questions about different questions. I know that I aced that but I also took a test about math questions. I do not know what my score was and I would really like to know and the status if the test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer come in irate.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of 3 total.. one was the HR lady.. the interview lasted about 30 mins and was straight forward questions about my experience as a case manager and mostly situational questions. After the interview on the same day I was offered the position for Adoption/Foster Care and was sent in the next room to get fingerprinted and then also instructed to take the drug test..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.. Offered a set salary and I accepted..

Social Services Case Manager CPS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

I was asked to complete a task sheet ranking each task by its importance. I was then interviewed by a panel of three. I thought the interview went well and was told they would get back to me. The following week they contacted my references but I have not heard anything since. It has been almost two months. I have been on several other interviews since.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were confronted with an ethical situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in November 2015.

Interview

Got there 15 minutea early . There was another girl there waiting to be interviewed who had an appointment before me . She ended up going back about 15 mins past my appointment time. After an hour of waiting the interview laster about 45 mins. It was with 2 people, it was laid back and easy going. I felt good about the job when I left, but ended up getting a no offer email about a week later .

Interview Questions

• When is a time you ever disagreed with a coworker and how did you handle it .   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

interview by 3 to 4 people ask series of questions. They are friendly and make you fell comfortable. The questions will be a breeze if you love to help people and eery worked with meeting deadlines. The turn around for selecting was quick but working for the state you will always start on the 1st or the 15th of the month.

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a circus of people off of the street for a job fair in Atlanta. After passing a test you were given another to pass. If you passed the second you were "interviewed" and sent to get finger printed same day.

Interview Questions

• It was a written test for the first round. If you passed you took another written test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negoatiating. They offered and it was take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online in January 2014 and was contacted in July 2014. I realize that's a long time, however each region operates differently as far as the hiring process and regions with higher turnover hire more quickly and more frequently than regions that have less turnover. The initial contact from DFCS is in the form of an email inviting you for an interview (as a new MSW grad, I know quite a few new hires and this is the way in which everyone was initially contacted regardless of county/region). After responding to the email and accepting the interview, the first interview was with the County Director and a Program Consultant. It took about 2 weeks for them to contact me again and set up a second interview (panel interview with 4 DFCS supervisors - 2 from Foster Care and 2 from CPS - as well as the Program Consultant from the first interview), and I was contacted same day of the second interview and made an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you didn't agree with a policy and procedure and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a state job and they utilize a statewide pay scale, thus there is no negotiation. There is a standardized beginning rate of pay determined by the level of your degree (i.e. MSW, BSW or bachelors in social science field), or associates degree.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Step 1: Apply online, Step 2: If you are chosen, you are added to a pool of candidates to come in as a group to interview, Step 3: You must pass a skills test, Step 4: You interview with a panel of 2-3 supervisors, Step 5: Either you are offered a position or you aren't.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was was the skills test because the wording was terrible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.