Georgia Division of Family and Children Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Division of Family and Children Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.5

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy, answered a few pre-determined questions. Wrote an essay. Ranked some scenarios. Was given an offer afterwards based on the responses to questions asked. They drug test after interview! Salary negotiation. Be prepared to answer questions about resume.

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Summerville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked questions about previous jobs, how I would handle certain situations, asked if I would be willing to travel for training, informed of how the pay scale works. The office was very busy out front; I felt bad for the receptionist because no one ever helped her and people were lining up outside.

Sscm Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (McDonough, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Job fair setting. About fourty candidates in the room. Interview with a panel of two-three people. If selected to move on you go and take a drug screen, come back and take a fingerprint background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your daily schedule of events; if you have to return calls, make a home visit, make a school visit to interview collaterals, complete documentation, file a report, and complete an online training with a deadline of today?   1 Answer

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Savannah, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was in front of a panel of 3, HR personnel, supervisor and director. If you have a background in social work you won't have any issues, don't look for expressions in faces or body language, everyone pretty much had their poker faces on. As stated in previous posts there is NO negotiation on salary. Everyone was very nice and made the interview itself was very laid back, after the interview don't expect an immediate answer, it took 2 plus weeks for them to reach out and ask me for documentation i.e. transcripts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DFCS?   Answer Question
    • Did you watch the video and what were your thoughts?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with using your own personal vehicle to transport clients as well as travel to different trainings that are in or close to Atlanta?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Macon, GA).

Interview

A series of questions to determine if you understand what the job entails and a brief scenario question on customer service. Questions different members of agency management to determine if you are qualified to work at all departments of the agency.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a client who is upset due to a misunderstanding?   1 Answer

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Marietta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, one week later received an email for an interview, interviewed a week later on a panel of two individuals, (also took an assessment in order to continue with the interview YOU MUST PASS) and received a phone call the same day with an offer. Began employment in December, was not too pressed about start date because I was still employed (it's a PROCESS... background checks, fingerprinting, etc)

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for DFCS?   1 Answer

A Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Valdosta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I sat in front of a panel of people that asked you questions about different questions. I know that I aced that but I also took a test about math questions. I do not know what my score was and I would really like to know and the status if the test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer come in irate.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of 3 total.. one was the HR lady.. the interview lasted about 30 mins and was straight forward questions about my experience as a case manager and mostly situational questions. After the interview on the same day I was offered the position for Adoption/Foster Care and was sent in the next room to get fingerprinted and then also instructed to take the drug test..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.. Offered a set salary and I accepted..

Social Services Case Manager CPS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

I was asked to complete a task sheet ranking each task by its importance. I was then interviewed by a panel of three. I thought the interview went well and was told they would get back to me. The following week they contacted my references but I have not heard anything since. It has been almost two months. I have been on several other interviews since.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were confronted with an ethical situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in November 2015.

Interview

Got there 15 minutea early . There was another girl there waiting to be interviewed who had an appointment before me . She ended up going back about 15 mins past my appointment time. After an hour of waiting the interview laster about 45 mins. It was with 2 people, it was laid back and easy going. I felt good about the job when I left, but ended up getting a no offer email about a week later .

Interview Questions

• When is a time you ever disagreed with a coworker and how did you handle it .   Answer Question