Georgia Gwinnett College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Georgia Gwinnett College

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Gwinnett College

Found 20 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA)

Interview

The process was not managed well at all. It's said that as a young campus, they are still trying to solidify their processes and culture, but to me it seems that there is just plain incompetency and/or no concern for candidates on their part. A brief pre-screen with the hiring manager. This was followed by an online video interview with some of the hiring committee. Was invited for an on-campus interview with the full committee. Was very positive about the interviews, especially as the hiring manager said off-hand during the online interview that they should bring me to campus. However, they didn't pay for any of the campus trip from out of town. Further, despite being told that the on-campus interview was scheduled for when the entire committee could be present, only a portion of the committee (the same people from the online portion) were present. To add insult to injury, no new questions were asked of me - the exact same questions were repeated by the same exact people. I have to say, a very high lack of professionalism during the whole process, made worse by the fact that I had to foot the bill for the campus visit. It took a month and a half after the 2nd interview to hear anything.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing all that interesting, typical, boiler HR behavioral questions.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (United States)

Interview

Visited the campus twice for interviews, taking time off from my job each time. Interviewed with 6 different people. Called hiring manager after about a week had gone by, was told that the HR people would let me know. Never heard anything further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in Jan 2019

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for an interview via email. They scheduled the interview for about 3 weeks after I received the email which was a ridiculously long wait. It was the worst interview I have ever been to. They asked questions that had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. They seemed to be management based even though I was not applying to be in charge of anybody. They also couldn’t answer any questions about pay or benefits. They said it could take another 1-3 months to hear anything from HR if they wanted to hire me. I was not happy with the idea of waiting that long for a job where I didn’t even know if it would pay me what I needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in Nov 2017

Interview

5 person hiring committee. They all took turns asking me about 30 questions and then I had a one on one with the director. It seemed a bit much, especially for such a low level, non-exempt position.

Interview Questions
  • What is port 40 used for?
  • What did you use for encryption on DoD networks?
Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in Jun 2017

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. The boss and the supervisor will ask you a few questions about computer hardware and software. the next part will be a lot of tech question that requires a thinking process.

Interview Questions
  • how do you get into file1 on a server
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (United States)

Interview

I interviewed with about five faculty from different academic departments. They asked me to present my research to them. I did so, and I was hired immediately. It was more of a roundtable discussion than it was an interview.

Interview Questions
  • They didn't ask me any questions that I can remember other than what were my teaching missions and methods of teaching.
Application

Interview

3 separate interviews: 1.) Phone with hiring manager (30 min) 2.) In person with hiring manager and another member of staff (1 hr) 3.) In person with the entire staff (2+ hrs) I felt fairly confident during the process and was surprised when I never hear back from HR or the hiring manager. The culture of the college is clearly not solidified yet and I think there's a lot of disorganization with processes like hiring.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (United States)

Interview

Met with the other developers and director. Was asked to tell them about a project I have worked on in the past. In second interview the VP sat in and asked some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (United States) in Dec 2015

Interview

Received email for phone interview 2 weeks after applying online. Phone interview was a group phone interview with the hiring committee (6 faculty). Received email asking for in person interview 2 months after phone interview. In person interview involved teaching guest lecture, tour of campus and facilities, and group interview for 1 hour with hiring committee. Overall the interview went well. I received a phone call 1.5 months after my in person interview offering me the position.

Interview Questions
  • What courses would I like to teach? What is my teaching philosophy? Other standard teaching interview questions.
Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in Dec 2015

Interview

Fairly simple - if you are honestly interested in teaching/tutoring people, then you can have a quick and truthful discussion with the professors you'll be working with/under. It's more of a sit-down-and-have-a-discussion rather than straight questions and answers. There is no right or wrong answer, they just want to see if you are competent and creative enough to help your fellow students with biology.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle situations where students are not understanding the concepts?
  • What are your ambitions? What do you want to do later on?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20