Georgia Gwinnett College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Gwinnett College Interview Questions

Interviews at Georgia Gwinnett College

Advancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

3 separate interviews:
    1.) Phone with hiring manager (30 min)
    2.) In person with hiring manager and another member of staff (1 hr)
    3.) In person with the entire staff (2+ hrs)

I felt fairly confident during the process and was surprised when I never hear back from HR or the hiring manager. The culture of the college is clearly not solidified yet and I think there's a lot of disorganization with processes like hiring.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

5 person hiring committee. They all took turns asking me about 30 questions and then I had a one on one with the director. It seemed a bit much, especially for such a low level, non-exempt position.

Interview Questions

• What is port 40 used for?   1 Answer
    • What did you use for encryption on DoD networks?   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview for the adjunct position. I've been an adjunct at several universities, and it was more or less in line with other interviews. As you're being considered for a temporary position, the interview is focused more on whether your CV is correct and whether you can meet the time and subject matter commitments required of the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to observe the posted schedule of classes?   2 Answers

Adjunct Professor Interview

Interview

I interviewed with about five faculty from different academic departments. They asked me to present my research to them. I did so, and I was hired immediately. It was more of a roundtable discussion than it was an interview.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions that I can remember other than what were my teaching missions and methods of teaching.   Answer Question

Interview

Met with the other developers and director. Was asked to tell them about a project I have worked on in the past. In second interview the VP sat in and asked some questions.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College in December 2015.

Interview

Received email for phone interview 2 weeks after applying online.
    Phone interview was a group phone interview with the hiring committee (6 faculty).
    Received email asking for in person interview 2 months after phone interview.
    In person interview involved teaching guest lecture, tour of campus and facilities, and group interview for 1 hour with hiring committee.
    Overall the interview went well.
    I received a phone call 1.5 months after my in person interview offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What courses would I like to teach?
      What is my teaching philosophy?
      Other standard teaching interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Usually they try to meet with you at an employment center at the upcoming math conference. They are excellent with communicating and keeping you updated about the developments. Maintain a very friendly environment and are very forthcoming in terms of both positives and negatives of working at GGC.

Negotiation

I did not choose to negotiate.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very hard interview. They asked tough questions. They introduced me to management and showed me a tour of Georgia Gwinnett College. It took about a hour. Make sure to do your research before meeting them, it shows professionalism. Also dressing professionally is a must, even if it is a Student Assistant position.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online with a cover letter. Met for a face to face interview. I dressed in a suit and commented to the interviewer you should always dress one step higher than the position you are applying for. This impressed the interviewer and got me hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College in February 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews, phone interview and an in-person interview with "hiring committee,"
    interview with the dean
    teaching demo in front of the hiring committee and any other professors who wished to attend
    two week new faculty orientation
    the hiring committee is composed of about 6 full time professors- they are overworked
    * knowing someone in the specific department helps as there are many people who apply

Interview Questions

• how would you motivate beginning college students?
      what are your research interests?
      how do you work with multiculutral students?
      what is a time you went out of your way to help a student in your class?   1 Answer