Georgia Gwinnett College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Gwinnett College Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.1

Adjunct Professor Interview

Interview

I interviewed with about five faculty from different academic departments. They asked me to present my research to them. I did so, and I was hired immediately. It was more of a roundtable discussion than it was an interview.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions that I can remember other than what were my teaching missions and methods of teaching.   Answer Question

Advancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

3 separate interviews:
    1.) Phone with hiring manager (30 min)
    2.) In person with hiring manager and another member of staff (1 hr)
    3.) In person with the entire staff (2+ hrs)

I felt fairly confident during the process and was surprised when I never hear back from HR or the hiring manager. The culture of the college is clearly not solidified yet and I think there's a lot of disorganization with processes like hiring.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with the other developers and director. Was asked to tell them about a project I have worked on in the past. In second interview the VP sat in and asked some questions.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College in December 2015.

Interview

Received email for phone interview 2 weeks after applying online.
    Phone interview was a group phone interview with the hiring committee (6 faculty).
    Received email asking for in person interview 2 months after phone interview.
    In person interview involved teaching guest lecture, tour of campus and facilities, and group interview for 1 hour with hiring committee.
    Overall the interview went well.
    I received a phone call 1.5 months after my in person interview offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What courses would I like to teach?
      What is my teaching philosophy?
      Other standard teaching interview questions.   Answer Question

Peer Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple - if you are honestly interested in teaching/tutoring people, then you can have a quick and truthful discussion with the professors you'll be working with/under. It's more of a sit-down-and-have-a-discussion rather than straight questions and answers. There is no right or wrong answer, they just want to see if you are competent and creative enough to help your fellow students with biology.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle situations where students are not understanding the concepts?   1 Answer
    • What are your ambitions? What do you want to do later on?   1 Answer

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Received a call from HR, and was asked if I had a few minutes for a couple of screening questions. These were not screening questions. These were actual interview questions. I was completely caught off guard, but apparently did alright. I was called for an actual interview. Since I was out of town, the next interview was by Skype. It was a panel type interview, and everyone was so nice. It was very enjoyable for an interview. I was advised that it would be several weeks before hearing the outcome. However, I never received any notification. That was disappointing. Even a letter advising you are not selected is better than hearing nothing at all.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online with a cover letter. Met for a face to face interview. I dressed in a suit and commented to the interviewer you should always dress one step higher than the position you are applying for. This impressed the interviewer and got me hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Education Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College.

Interview

I was invited does for on campus interview with a panel. They were very poor with follow up communication. I received no response from my follow up email. Very unprofessional. It speaks volumes about the culture of the organization..Overall I was not very impressed.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College in March 2014.

Interview

I had a great experience interviewing with Human Resources. I received a call to set up a phone interview and a few days after that phone interview I was called for an in-person interview. They were all very professional and friendly. Their communication was great being they were such a small staff.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed with Dean and was offered position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available