Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.1

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me initially about the position. Then an onsite interview at the office. I met with the hiring manager, his boss, & 3 others similar to a speed dating setup with 30min with each interviewer.

I was called the next day with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took the initiative to do something.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There were 5 individual interviews with different people in the company. They each asked a series of SBO type questions. There were some technical questions sprinkled in here and there. The interviews were back to back over the course of a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick interview. I met face to face with the hiring manager one time. Then, I received my offer, and I had 2 weeks to accept. It was a very quick and easy process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Process at GP is entirely behavioral based. All the questions asked were based upon the MBM guiding principles. There were three rounds.
    1. Phone interview- General HR based questions
    2. Hiring manager 1:1- Most questions were behavioral and past experiences.
    3. Director Round 1:1- Again a fit based round entirely on past experiences and projects done.
    The HRs at GP are very helpful and friendly. The process was pretty smooth.

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an on campus interview very quickly. GP uses a behavioral based interview method so It's good to study up before hand to make sure you are familiar with the process.
    The interview was very comfortable. They mostly wanted to see how I worked with others and how I approached problems and solving techniques.
    They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the paper and pulp industry

Interview Questions

• Name one time you failed and how you used it to improve   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Decatur, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. The leader was really going through for what is he looking for so it had flowed very well. The hiring is quick ( in case of contract) but for the permanent position, it takes awhile. Everything was great.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people at the same time. All of the questions asked during the interview were behavioral based questions. Make sure you know how to use the star method for answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a performance review.   Answer Question

Scheduler Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Just got done with the phone screening. Took about 20 mins total. Was told that face to face interviews were next.
    Once I applied for the position, the HR recruiter e-mailed me 2 days later telling me she wanted to schedule me for a phone screening and asked me to email her back with some dates and times I would be available. She also asked me to verify the best number to reach me at. After about a week or so she emailed back and scheduled me for the phone screening. The call was a few minuets late, but not a big deal. I've put down all the questions I can remember her asking.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work for Georgia Pacific?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Georgia Pacific?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your previous job? How long have you been in your previous position?   Answer Question
    • What is your expected salary? Describe an area you believe you need the most improvement on. Describe your ideal position/career. Name three skills or qualifications that you would bring to the table on day one. What software programs are you most familiar with? and the ever popular "What questions do you have for me?" !!   Answer Question