Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

3.1

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.
      Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Process at GP is entirely behavioral based. All the questions asked were based upon the MBM guiding principles. There were three rounds.
    1. Phone interview- General HR based questions
    2. Hiring manager 1:1- Most questions were behavioral and past experiences.
    3. Director Round 1:1- Again a fit based round entirely on past experiences and projects done.
    The HRs at GP are very helpful and friendly. The process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you handled a difficult person   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an on campus interview very quickly. GP uses a behavioral based interview method so It's good to study up before hand to make sure you are familiar with the process.
    The interview was very comfortable. They mostly wanted to see how I worked with others and how I approached problems and solving techniques.
    They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the paper and pulp industry

Interview Questions

• Name one time you failed and how you used it to improve   Answer Question

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Scheduler Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Just got done with the phone screening. Took about 20 mins total. Was told that face to face interviews were next.
    Once I applied for the position, the HR recruiter e-mailed me 2 days later telling me she wanted to schedule me for a phone screening and asked me to email her back with some dates and times I would be available. She also asked me to verify the best number to reach me at. After about a week or so she emailed back and scheduled me for the phone screening. The call was a few minuets late, but not a big deal. I've put down all the questions I can remember her asking.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work for Georgia Pacific?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Georgia Pacific?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your previous job? How long have you been in your previous position?   Answer Question
    • What is your expected salary? Describe an area you believe you need the most improvement on. Describe your ideal position/career. Name three skills or qualifications that you would bring to the table on day one. What software programs are you most familiar with? and the ever popular "What questions do you have for me?" !!   Answer Question

Director Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Flew me to Atlanta Headquarters. The interview was poorly structured using behavioral based questions.
    For you as the candidate, you’ll need to prepare answers (basically “interview stories”) that highlight the different competencies and skillsets the employer is looking for. The problem is most candidates might have a general idea of how to answer these questions, but the answers usually come out way too long and unfocused, and won’t put the candidate in the best light.

Interview Questions

• • Tell me a moment your ethics were challenged
      • Tell me about a team project when you had to work with someone difficult.
      • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work.
      • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague.
      • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.
      1 Answer

Gypsum Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minutes on campus, just behavioral questions and questions about resume. The lady was really nice and easy to talk too. It was just like talking to a friend. Just be confident and talk a lot but also be respectful and listen. Ask good questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager, then an in-person with four 1:1 interviews in Atlanta. The part that was beyond irritating is that there was absolutely no follow-up from GP. After my last 1:1, the interviewer walked me out of the building on his way to the MARTA and said 'well, I guess HR will call you or something. We're pretty slow.' Two weeks later, I emailed the recruiter - no response (odd, given how they had overcommunicated throughout the entire process). Five weeks later, I have heard nothing - no email, no phone call, nothing. I logged on to GP's carer site and saw on my jobpage that I was 'no longer under consideration.' Incredible way to treat applicants that take two days of vacation to come to in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• In your last performance review, what was identified as your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very in depth interview. Asked a lot about company values/culture and products. Followed strict MBM questions.WOuld have prepared more on company site if possible. It took a while for them to get back to me and I had to follow up a lot.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewers use situation, behavior, and outcome questioning technique. They are typically looking to see how the interviewee thinks and acts in certain situations to ensure the candidate will fit withing the culture of Georgia-Pacific. There is usually an interviewer that will ask questions that are directly skill oriented as it relates to project management. There may be a written test, but generally these are face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time when you when you went along with the group's wishes even though you had strong reservations about what they wanted to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are generally market based.