Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

3.1

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Chemical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Become familiar with the company's Market Based Management principles/10 guiding principles beforehand. The company is 100% set on these and they really mean it when they say, for example, that they want you to correct your boss if they are doing something incorrectly in the lab. Most interview questions will be testing how you will fit in with this company culture.

Interview Questions

• If your boss was telling you to do something, and you knew it was wrong/there was a better way to do it, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None--I was interviewing for a temp job at the time. $16/hr standard.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.
      Answer Question

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The HR department was like something I have never seen before. The girl scheduled and missed 5 phone calls, 2 on the same day.
    It was unreal, I was scratching my head trying to figure out how a world class organization could put up with the incredible lack of professionalism.
    She cut the first phone interview short, asked to postpone it, then weeks later she didn't seem to remember anything we had talked about. At that point I had written GP off, but when they offered me an interview who was I to say no.
    Grueling 6 hr in person interview.
    And BTW, even if I had gotten the offer I still would have rated it a negative experience because I have never in my life had to deal with anyone that unprofessional.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewers use situation, behavior, and outcome questioning technique. They are typically looking to see how the interviewee thinks and acts in certain situations to ensure the candidate will fit withing the culture of Georgia-Pacific. There is usually an interviewer that will ask questions that are directly skill oriented as it relates to project management. There may be a written test, but generally these are face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time when you when you went along with the group's wishes even though you had strong reservations about what they wanted to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are generally market based.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Please be prepared for a full day of interviews. The interviews are intense and behavioral based. At GP, they are looking for the right person with intrinsic talent. The belief is that the technical and tactical can be learned.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a one hour phone interview, followed by 2 rounds of in-person interviews. Everyone I met with was very nice. A couple of months later I received a generic email from HR stating that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one way I have implemented a change at my workplace that resulted in greater efficiency.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received an initial phone screening about 1 1/2 week after applying online. Four days after that I got a call for a face to face interview. Interviewed with four different people and asked a lot of behavioral based questions. The company is really big on Market Based Management so I suggest you read up on that. Overall the interview process was not bad..... intense but not bad.... I have not heard anything yet but was told that I would here something within a week of my interview... keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal and achieved it.... Tell me about a time when you had to make an executive decision without your boss. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Decatur, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got this interview through a recruiting agency. I was interviewed by 3 different people. The division manager, developmental chemist, and an associate chemist. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and a lot of technical questions about analytical instruments. There was a couple trick questions about if your boss told you did something. How would you handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you did not achieve something that you wanted to accomplish?   Answer Question