Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.1

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Chemical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Become familiar with the company's Market Based Management principles/10 guiding principles beforehand. The company is 100% set on these and they really mean it when they say, for example, that they want you to correct your boss if they are doing something incorrectly in the lab. Most interview questions will be testing how you will fit in with this company culture.

Interview Questions

• If your boss was telling you to do something, and you knew it was wrong/there was a better way to do it, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None--I was interviewing for a temp job at the time. $16/hr standard.

Customer Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call first and then a interview two week after. It’s was pretty hard core and all behavioral questions. All the of the panel had different personalities so it was pretty difficult to please one person.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Extremely intimidating; two group assessments (one small and one large), 2 1-hour interviews with company executives, and a presentation in front of 100 plus company employees. Two day process; very professional setting.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation about yourself   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people at the same time. All of the questions asked during the interview were behavioral based questions. Make sure you know how to use the star method for answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a performance review.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The HR department was like something I have never seen before. The girl scheduled and missed 5 phone calls, 2 on the same day.
    It was unreal, I was scratching my head trying to figure out how a world class organization could put up with the incredible lack of professionalism.
    She cut the first phone interview short, asked to postpone it, then weeks later she didn't seem to remember anything we had talked about. At that point I had written GP off, but when they offered me an interview who was I to say no.
    Grueling 6 hr in person interview.
    And BTW, even if I had gotten the offer I still would have rated it a negative experience because I have never in my life had to deal with anyone that unprofessional.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewers use situation, behavior, and outcome questioning technique. They are typically looking to see how the interviewee thinks and acts in certain situations to ensure the candidate will fit withing the culture of Georgia-Pacific. There is usually an interviewer that will ask questions that are directly skill oriented as it relates to project management. There may be a written test, but generally these are face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time when you when you went along with the group's wishes even though you had strong reservations about what they wanted to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are generally market based.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Please be prepared for a full day of interviews. The interviews are intense and behavioral based. At GP, they are looking for the right person with intrinsic talent. The belief is that the technical and tactical can be learned.