Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.1

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Asked some behavioral based questions and you have to meet with a minimum of 4 people. It was a simple process and not once did I feel overwhelmed, they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a situation you felt was not right but it was going to get the job done? How did you respond?   1 Answer

Director, Commercial Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviewers over the course of half a day. Challenging but intelligent questions that seek to understand my thought process and ability to address complex problems. Also strong line of questioning to understand my potential cultural fit at the company.

Interview Questions

• We are considering investing in manufacturing one of our raw material inputs rather than continuing to buy from vendors. How would you set up the analytical framework for this decision?   2 Answers

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There were 5 individual interviews with different people in the company. They each asked a series of SBO type questions. There were some technical questions sprinkled in here and there. The interviews were back to back over the course of a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with my boss and her boss. Freelanced for one month and then was signed on for full-time employment. HR was great and made the process easy to get setup.

Interview Questions

• Background. How my background applied to what I would be doing in the future with the company.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Process at GP is entirely behavioral based. All the questions asked were based upon the MBM guiding principles. There were three rounds.
    1. Phone interview- General HR based questions
    2. Hiring manager 1:1- Most questions were behavioral and past experiences.
    3. Director Round 1:1- Again a fit based round entirely on past experiences and projects done.
    The HRs at GP are very helpful and friendly. The process was pretty smooth.

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very in depth interview. Asked a lot about company values/culture and products. Followed strict MBM questions.WOuld have prepared more on company site if possible. It took a while for them to get back to me and I had to follow up a lot.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an on campus interview very quickly. GP uses a behavioral based interview method so It's good to study up before hand to make sure you are familiar with the process.
    The interview was very comfortable. They mostly wanted to see how I worked with others and how I approached problems and solving techniques.
    They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the paper and pulp industry

Interview Questions

• Name one time you failed and how you used it to improve   Answer Question

Director Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Flew me to Atlanta Headquarters. The interview was poorly structured using behavioral based questions.
    For you as the candidate, you’ll need to prepare answers (basically “interview stories”) that highlight the different competencies and skillsets the employer is looking for. The problem is most candidates might have a general idea of how to answer these questions, but the answers usually come out way too long and unfocused, and won’t put the candidate in the best light.

Interview Questions

• • Tell me a moment your ethics were challenged
      • Tell me about a team project when you had to work with someone difficult.
      • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work.
      • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague.
      • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.   1 Answer