Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.1

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewers use situation, behavior, and outcome questioning technique. They are typically looking to see how the interviewee thinks and acts in certain situations to ensure the candidate will fit withing the culture of Georgia-Pacific. There is usually an interviewer that will ask questions that are directly skill oriented as it relates to project management. There may be a written test, but generally these are face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time when you when you went along with the group's wishes even though you had strong reservations about what they wanted to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are generally market based.

"Leader" - Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

**BEWARE** Uses Candidates as a Benchmark Tool with 0 Desire to Hire!!!

HR arranged me to meet 2 VPs for a breakfast at a hotel near the office. Thought this was strange but then I thought they are very busy people and could only allow breakfast interview slots. One of the VPs couldn't help gloat about himself all morning while the other one (hiring manager) took careful notes on ALL of my ideas, strategies, and approaches to solving THEIR problems. Again, I thought this was strange because most VPs I've encountered during the interview cycle are able to process a lot of information in their head. But, this one noted everything I said. I am not sure how long but I found out that they already had an Internal Candidate in mind. Actually, an H1-Visa candidate because the same job post appeared on another job site with the "Ga Dept. of Labor" stamp on it.

Very disgusting way to use people who are looking for earnest work to make earnest wages and be treated this way! Their rationale must be: "we provided free breakfast". The food was not even that good and neither the food or the company was worth getting up at 5:30 am for.

I don't know if Georgia Pacific always operated this way in the past but this interview occurred after they've already been acquired by the Koch Brothers. The biggest PAC in Congress.

Interview Questions

• We have an issue with x problem in our division. How would you solve this?   Answer Question

Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I am out of state, so I started with several phone interviews, then they flew me down for an all-day interview with 7 people. They tell you ahead of time that there will be behavioral questions and that is indeed how the interviews were structured. Prepare for that and you'll do well. People were very professional and well organized I thought. I was impressed after my visit (which was in mid-December). It's now February and I haven't heard back and my two e-mails to my HR contact were not replied to. I feel this is very unprofessional and discourteous. I'm assuming the job is on hold, other candidates are being interviewed, etc., but at this point I wouldn't be interested in a job at GP due to the way they've handled the process. Respectful communication should occur between both the candidate and the interviewing company. At least a reply e-mail saying something to the effect of "stay tuned", or "we're not interested". Frankly I expected more from a Koch company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of a leader are you? Tell me about a time...(prep for behavioral questions with good examples)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and about 1 month later received an email for a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was told I would find out within 2 weeks if I would be moving onto the next stage. 5-6 weeks later I received an email, stating the position had been closed and would no longer be filled.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter for 30 min phone interview, then moved to 30 min phone interview with hiring manager a couple days later. Next step was two on one in person interview with hiring manager and future co-worker. Last step was flown into Atlanta for a whole day of interviews (five separate one hour sessions) with different individuals throughout the business. Two weeks later I was given a verbal offer.

I prepared by studying their MBM management philosophy and tried to tie that into my interview and resume, particularly Value Creation and Principled Entrepreneurship.

Interview Questions

• Create a hypothetical sales strategy for a new pharmaceutical company with a new wonder drug.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The HR department was like something I have never seen before. The girl scheduled and missed 5 phone calls, 2 on the same day.
    It was unreal, I was scratching my head trying to figure out how a world class organization could put up with the incredible lack of professionalism.
    She cut the first phone interview short, asked to postpone it, then weeks later she didn't seem to remember anything we had talked about. At that point I had written GP off, but when they offered me an interview who was I to say no.
    Grueling 6 hr in person interview.
    And BTW, even if I had gotten the offer I still would have rated it a negative experience because I have never in my life had to deal with anyone that unprofessional.

Environmental Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview where mostly behavioral questions were asked; lasted about 30 minutes. Was contacted to interview on-site in Atlanta. Flight, hotel, transportation, and food were all covered by the company. Had four, one hour long, one-on-one interviews on-site. One interviewer tended to focus on questions about my resume and elaborated on things I've done. The rest of the interviewers (and GP in general) focused on behavioral-based questions, so make sure to have experiences and stories you can pull from. But I would also strongly recommend, if they don't specifically ask (about half of my interviewers didn't), to make sure you find a way to incorporate into the interview(s) where you want to go, what you want to do, and why you want and are a good fit for the position, since you'll mostly be asked and will be talking about things from your past.

Interview Questions

• Describe a peer/coworker who didn't pull their own weight
      When you had to persuade someone
      A stressful situation you faced and how you dealt with it
      When you set a goal
      When you failed
      When you made a split-second decision
      When you showed leadership
      An instance where you offered a creative solution/made the existing methods better
      When you went above and beyond
      When you saw something unethical
      Your weakness
      When someone took credit for your work
      Describe a success   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was not prepared or trained on how to conduct an interview. I was asked questions that were not properly worded and had to form the question first the way the interviewer intended in order to answer it. I was only asked two pertinent questions related to the job which was a bit shocking. I was not looking for a defense of a dissertation but more questions about my skill set and past experiences and how I used those skills during those experiences should have been asked of me.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to tell the difference in one version of the software versus and older version?   1 Answer

Director, Commercial Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviewers over the course of half a day. Challenging but intelligent questions that seek to understand my thought process and ability to address complex problems. Also strong line of questioning to understand my potential cultural fit at the company.

Interview Questions

• We are considering investing in manufacturing one of our raw material inputs rather than continuing to buy from vendors. How would you set up the analytical framework for this decision?   2 Answers

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavior based interviewing, fairly typical process it's just a long day (usually 4 interviews for 1 hour each).
    Each 1-1 will focus on a specific area of the guiding principles. HR will provide you this information before your interview, but make sure you prepare some examples of prior experiences that you can use to discuss for each of these areas.
    HR can be very slow and unresponsive. It's helpful if you can keep the hiring manager involved (CC-ed on emails) as you follow up with HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you witnessed a compliance or safety issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate some on pay. They consider your alternatives when offering salary, so recognize that if you shared your current salary with HR you'll be limited in negotiating a huge increase.