Georgia-Pacific Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia-Pacific Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later HR emailed me and setup a phone interview. It was mostly behavioral questions and about my interest in the position and any qualifications I had. They called me the next day to setup a phone call with the hiring manager which was all about my resume and interest in the position. The next day I got another call from HR to setup a on site interview. That interview was about 6 hours. I may and spoke with the plant manager, hiring manager, HR, and some process engineers. All behavioral questions and a plant tour. They were all very nice and open about the company. A few days later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   1 Answer
  • tell me a time when you had to prioritize your time   Answer Question
  • tell me about a time you showed leadership and owned a project   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offer was great, mom negotiable though, relocation package was negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia-Pacific

Anonymous Employee in Lovell, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Lovell, WY).

Interview

Was straight forward and painless. I don't really remember it that well since it was over 8 years ago. The current manager isn't the one I hired on with.

Negotiation

there was none

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

long and tedious

Interview Questions

• How would you stop an expensive project that you knew was wrong?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in July 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview to screen candidates. Then an onsite day long behavioral interview with several one on one interviews with different managers and potential coworkers. It was a good way to get to know the company at the same time they got to know me.

They were very professional and easy to get along with although each location and plant will be different.

My suggestion is to have all the questions that you want to know about ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to manage multiple pressing projects at the same time. How do you normally do this?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward; everyone was very nice & professional. They utilize behavior based interviewing (or STAR, SAR).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you chose to take the high road rather than the easy way out.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you can add value to the organization.   Answer Question

Received an offer from another employer before they made an offer.