Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.2

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair. Talked to the recruiter to learn about the position they were looking to fill. Asked if they were interviewing on-campus that week. Recruiter said yes and asked me when I could do an interview. Interview consisted of 3 people. Very relaxed. Wanted to get to know you and make sure you were a good fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time that you did not agree with someone that you had to work with.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crossett, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Crossett, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in two separate parts from different people, both an hour long each. On top of the MBM principle questions they asked, each individual was interested in where I was from, my work history, and wanted to get to know me on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to confront someone of a higher status because you were not getting the result you asked for.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I was Interviewed by two people, one person from HR and the other person was a plant director. The interviewing process was relaxed and comfortable. I was asked to provide answer to interview questions in the form of a story with a clear problem statement, how I solved the problem, and a conclusion. Very relaxed interviewing process, I did not feel intimidated. Technical questions were not asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that did not work out as you planned and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Green Bay, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, then site visit and interview where I met with the entire 6 person process engineering team individually. Site visit included plant tour, meeting with the process engineers as well as someone from HR and the engineering plant manager

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the paper and pulp industry?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Stillwater, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short.It was offered to me after talking to them at the career fair. The interview was cut-short because they had a interview right after mine. They were not able to go through the entire set of behavior based questions they had for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in September 2016.

Interview

The process was very friendly and included the standard subset of questions from a large corporation. It was 2 people from the operations side of the company who were asking simple questions about your leadership, experience with industry, and how well of a fit you'd make a Georgia-Pacific. They were very friendly, though they (purposely I suppose) are very difficult to read.

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Interview

The interview process is unfair, taking a test online is not the same as meeting a person face to face, some people like myself do not do well with test but our performance is excellent, I wish there was no testing for this company.

Interview Questions

• what was a time you were asked to do something unsafe and what did you do.   Answer Question

Scheduler Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Just got done with the phone screening. Took about 20 mins total. Was told that face to face interviews were next.
    Once I applied for the position, the HR recruiter e-mailed me 2 days later telling me she wanted to schedule me for a phone screening and asked me to email her back with some dates and times I would be available. She also asked me to verify the best number to reach me at. After about a week or so she emailed back and scheduled me for the phone screening. The call was a few minuets late, but not a big deal. I've put down all the questions I can remember her asking.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work for Georgia Pacific?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Georgia Pacific?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your previous job? How long have you been in your previous position?   Answer Question
    • What is your expected salary? Describe an area you believe you need the most improvement on. Describe your ideal position/career. Name three skills or qualifications that you would bring to the table on day one. What software programs are you most familiar with? and the ever popular "What questions do you have for me?" !!   Answer Question

Gypsum Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minutes on campus, just behavioral questions and questions about resume. The lady was really nice and easy to talk too. It was just like talking to a friend. Just be confident and talk a lot but also be respectful and listen. Ask good questions.