Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Dothan, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview is the first step. The interviewer described the local situation and the position. She described that there were growth opportunities. She asked if I had questions before she started asking me questions. YOu do not get an offer during the phone interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when a major change came in your organization, what was that change, how did it affect you and how did you adjust?   1 Answer
    • Tell of a time when you made an accounting error and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell of a time when a client asked you to do something you weren't supposed to do.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Starkville, MS) in September 2017.

Interview

Company came to career for for University. Signed up for an interview slot the next day. Process supposedly took a week. If you did not hear from them after the interview, then you were not selected. I did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made the right decision but it yielded a bad result.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you tried to solve a problem using a new or different process or innovative manner.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I was contacted regarding a position after applying online. GP recruiter scheduled a phone interview. Decided to never call at the arranged time. This happened a grand total of 5 times in a row. After each missed call- the GP recruiter used being 'sick' as an excuse and said they still had 'a ton of interest' and that i was a 'top candidate'. This was all while i was still employed elsewhere and it obviously caused me to gain an extremely negative view of the HR practices at GP. I would never recommend based on this and refused to answer after being stood up 5 times in a row.

Interview Questions

• When do you want to be interviewed   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Island, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Big Island, VA).

Interview

Invite to apply. Test emailed. Pass the test. Phone interview. In person interview with about 10 people. Plant Tour. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. I do not think they hire many African Americans. Interview process is a crock

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

It took a little over a week. A few days after I put in an application, an HR rep gave me a call to gauge if I was a good enough match to send over to the hiring manager. Once that was out of the way, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

The questions focused mostly on technical skill set and experience and took about 45 minutes, though we'd originally only scheduled 30. I could tell he was very knowledgeable and we were able to have a comfortable discussion on the position and what it would entail. At the end of the interview, I was told he would have the HR rep schedule a behavioral based interview with me as the next step and gave me some background details on it.

I never heard back after this point. I'm a little surprised they didn't at least give a rejection email based on the previous email behavior with HR.

Interview Questions

• Multiple angled questions to identify your work ethic and way of thinking with regards to issues and urgency.   1 Answer

Production Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Wolf, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Mount Wolf, PA).

Interview

Wasn't even an interview ask me what I did at my previous job how I felt about overtime what shift I wanted and how I feel about steel tips that was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• How I feel about steel tip shoes and overtime   2 Answers
    • What shift did I want   1 Answer

Buyer Expeditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

The phone interview was mainly behavioral questions and asked about previous experience. The recruiter would not speak up clearly and typed extremely loud so it was difficult to listen and understand the questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of communication method would you use in a cross-functional team?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you failed, but not because it was from a lack of trying.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in June 2017.

Interview

First interview went good, however the second one really want nothing just basic talking and seemed to be drilling me on my education which had nothing to do with the job. It's a career change that I didn't want to pursue no more. I don't know if I got the job since it was the weekend. Hopefully I find out soon.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Easton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screenings -- one by HR and the other by the hiring manager. I was contacted again to schedule a 4 hour F2F interview where the hiring manager would fly up (from Atlanta, GA) to complete. Immediately upon arriving for the F2F I was told they are going to add another person to the interview (1 more hour). After the F2F I followed up with a thank you email and never heard a response for 2 weeks. After a two week wait I sent another email asking about the status of the position. Again, I never received a response. As a last ditch effort I sent a follow up to the status email a week later and finally got a response saying that the position is on hold as they are changing requirements.
    Update: I'm now told that the position was relocated to Atlanta, GA. Go management!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with someone who was higher up then you.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair. Talked to the recruiter to learn about the position they were looking to fill. Asked if they were interviewing on-campus that week. Recruiter said yes and asked me when I could do an interview. Interview consisted of 3 people. Very relaxed. Wanted to get to know you and make sure you were a good fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time that you did not agree with someone that you had to work with.   Answer Question