Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

284 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Island, VA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Big Island, VA).

Interview

Invite to apply. Test emailed. Pass the test. Phone interview. In person interview with about 10 people. Plant Tour. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. I do not think they hire many African Americans. Interview process is a crock

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

It took a little over a week. A few days after I put in an application, an HR rep gave me a call to gauge if I was a good enough match to send over to the hiring manager. Once that was out of the way, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

The questions focused mostly on technical skill set and experience and took about 45 minutes, though we'd originally only scheduled 30. I could tell he was very knowledgeable and we were able to have a comfortable discussion on the position and what it would entail. At the end of the interview, I was told he would have the HR rep schedule a behavioral based interview with me as the next step and gave me some background details on it.

I never heard back after this point. I'm a little surprised they didn't at least give a rejection email based on the previous email behavior with HR.

Interview Questions

• Multiple angled questions to identify your work ethic and way of thinking with regards to issues and urgency.   1 Answer

Production Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Wolf, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Mount Wolf, PA).

Interview

Wasn't even an interview ask me what I did at my previous job how I felt about overtime what shift I wanted and how I feel about steel tips that was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• How I feel about steel tip shoes and overtime   1 Answer
    • What shift did I want   1 Answer

Buyer Expeditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

The phone interview was mainly behavioral questions and asked about previous experience. The recruiter would not speak up clearly and typed extremely loud so it was difficult to listen and understand the questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of communication method would you use in a cross-functional team?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you failed, but not because it was from a lack of trying.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in June 2017.

Interview

First interview went good, however the second one really want nothing just basic talking and seemed to be drilling me on my education which had nothing to do with the job. It's a career change that I didn't want to pursue no more. I don't know if I got the job since it was the weekend. Hopefully I find out soon.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There were 5 individual interviews with different people in the company. They each asked a series of SBO type questions. There were some technical questions sprinkled in here and there. The interviews were back to back over the course of a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Spare Hand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Toledo, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

First you have a phone interview with the recruiter. If you pass that interview they will email you links to assessments. There are 2 of those that you need to pass, they include questions about your character and work ethic and also a few appitude tests to determine your problem solving skills, awareness, and ability to multi-task. If you pass the assessments they will contact you for a live interview. My live interview included a tour of the facility and where you would be working if hired. After the tour there were 4 sets of interviews, 3 of the interviews had 2 people asking questions, and 1 just had 1 person. They were about 20 min long each and asked basically the same questions about your character and how you handled certain things at your previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever observed a co-worker not following safety rules, and if so how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time when you and a co-worker had a disagreement, and how was it handled?   Answer Question
    • What has been the most overwhelming obstacle you've had to deal with at previous jobs?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Easton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screenings -- one by HR and the other by the hiring manager. I was contacted again to schedule a 4 hour F2F interview where the hiring manager would fly up (from Atlanta, GA) to complete. Immediately upon arriving for the F2F I was told they are going to add another person to the interview (1 more hour). After the F2F I followed up with a thank you email and never heard a response for 2 weeks. After a two week wait I sent another email asking about the status of the position. Again, I never received a response. As a last ditch effort I sent a follow up to the status email a week later and finally got a response saying that the position is on hold as they are changing requirements.
    Update: I'm now told that the position was relocated to Atlanta, GA. Go management!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with someone who was higher up then you.   Answer Question

Assistant Flexo Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR person will probably get your name wrong and not tell you thank you after the interview. She will make faces during the interview. After the interview she closed the door quick.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fordyce, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Fordyce, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the Talent Selection Director, followed by phone interview with the Regional Controller, Corporate Controller, and Director of Analysis. All fairly basic interviews mainly discussing my resume with a few behavioral questions in there. Then I was asked to come down to the manufacturing plant in Fordyce, AR for the final round of interviews with the Plant Controller and Plant Manager. Each interview was roughly 45 minutes and I was asked about my resume as well as quite a few behavorial questions. Know the GP core principles because I was asked about them many times throughout all of my interviews. After the final round of interviews, I was immediately taken on a tour of the plant with one of the head engineers. The next day I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GP? Strengths? Weaknesses? Why’d you choose your degree? Struggled with a co-worker or upper level management? Time where your ideas were challenged? Dealing with adversity in project? Time when you failed and how did you improve? How do I form long term goals and how do I achieve them? Why Georgia-Pacific? What do you want to get out of Georgia-Pacific? Time where you had to be proactive?   Answer Question