Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.1

Director Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Flew me to Atlanta Headquarters. The interview was poorly structured using behavioral based questions.
    For you as the candidate, you’ll need to prepare answers (basically “interview stories”) that highlight the different competencies and skillsets the employer is looking for. The problem is most candidates might have a general idea of how to answer these questions, but the answers usually come out way too long and unfocused, and won’t put the candidate in the best light.

Interview Questions

• • Tell me a moment your ethics were challenged
      • Tell me about a team project when you had to work with someone difficult.
      • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work.
      • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague.
      • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.
      1 Answer

Ops Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted for two phone interviews, eventually made site visit.
    Behavior based questions, process discussion, Review Common Interview Questions and Prepare Responses.
    Another key to interview success is preparing responses to expected interview questions. First, inquire as to the type of interview to expect (which you can do by asking your contact person at the organization). Your goal is composing detailed yet concise responses, focusing on specific examples and accomplishments. A good tool for remembering your responses is to put them into story form that you can tell in the interview. No need to memorize responses (in fact, it’s best not to), but at least develop talking points. QuintCareers has a number of excellent tools to help you with interview questions and responses. Consider using one or more of these tools:

Interested in other offers

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

They called and talked about what I would start making and when I could expect it to increase. They were very nice and place me at ease. It lasted about twenty five minutes and then they said they would be in touch with me soon.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been driving   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Knoxville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview went well overall. I met with them on campus at a job fair and set up the interview two weeks later. They typically ask many of the typical interview questions, and a few situational questions that really try to analyze your behavior.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you and your team finished a project and one team member took credit for your work. How would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Gypsum Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minutes on campus, just behavioral questions and questions about resume. The lady was really nice and easy to talk too. It was just like talking to a friend. Just be confident and talk a lot but also be respectful and listen. Ask good questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager, then an in-person with four 1:1 interviews in Atlanta. The part that was beyond irritating is that there was absolutely no follow-up from GP. After my last 1:1, the interviewer walked me out of the building on his way to the MARTA and said 'well, I guess HR will call you or something. We're pretty slow.' Two weeks later, I emailed the recruiter - no response (odd, given how they had overcommunicated throughout the entire process). Five weeks later, I have heard nothing - no email, no phone call, nothing. I logged on to GP's carer site and saw on my jobpage that I was 'no longer under consideration.' Incredible way to treat applicants that take two days of vacation to come to in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• In your last performance review, what was identified as your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Management Within A Facility Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screen by HR. Technical screen by regional (or higher). Plant manager phone screen. Onsite interview (behavior based, no technical questions). I did not get the offer, and it was obvious once I met the onsite panel that I would not move along in the process. If the GP is having issues hiring people who cannot do the work, perhaps they should alter the behavior based interview portion. It is fine for some positions, but others are forced into making conflict and responses greater than reality.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview was a behavioral interview with many questions surrounding conflict generated by me and by coworkers.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very in depth interview. Asked a lot about company values/culture and products. Followed strict MBM questions.WOuld have prepared more on company site if possible. It took a while for them to get back to me and I had to follow up a lot.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later HR emailed me and setup a phone interview. It was mostly behavioral questions and about my interest in the position and any qualifications I had. They called me the next day to setup a phone call with the hiring manager which was all about my resume and interest in the position. The next day I got another call from HR to setup a on site interview. That interview was about 6 hours. I may and spoke with the plant manager, hiring manager, HR, and some process engineers. All behavioral questions and a plant tour. They were all very nice and open about the company. A few days later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   1 Answer
    • tell me a time when you had to prioritize your time   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you showed leadership and owned a project   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offer was great, mom negotiable though, relocation package was negotiable.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

GP used behavioral based interviewing, so they asked questions about my past behaviors and reactions to different things. The questions and tips they have on their website were extremely helpful in preparing for my interview because they actually have real examples of questions you may see during your interview. Practice having 'stories' to tell based off of your past jobs, projects, etc.