Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Easton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screenings -- one by HR and the other by the hiring manager. I was contacted again to schedule a 4 hour F2F interview where the hiring manager would fly up (from Atlanta, GA) to complete. Immediately upon arriving for the F2F I was told they are going to add another person to the interview (1 more hour). After the F2F I followed up with a thank you email and never heard a response for 2 weeks. After a two week wait I sent another email asking about the status of the position. Again, I never received a response. As a last ditch effort I sent a follow up to the status email a week later and finally got a response saying that the position is on hold as they are changing requirements.
    Update: I'm now told that the position was relocated to Atlanta, GA. Go management!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with someone who was higher up then you.   Answer Question

Assistant Flexo Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR person will probably get your name wrong and not tell you thank you after the interview. She will make faces during the interview. After the interview she closed the door quick.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick interview. I met face to face with the hiring manager one time. Then, I received my offer, and I had 2 weeks to accept. It was a very quick and easy process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fordyce, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Fordyce, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the Talent Selection Director, followed by phone interview with the Regional Controller, Corporate Controller, and Director of Analysis. All fairly basic interviews mainly discussing my resume with a few behavioral questions in there. Then I was asked to come down to the manufacturing plant in Fordyce, AR for the final round of interviews with the Plant Controller and Plant Manager. Each interview was roughly 45 minutes and I was asked about my resume as well as quite a few behavorial questions. Know the GP core principles because I was asked about them many times throughout all of my interviews. After the final round of interviews, I was immediately taken on a tour of the plant with one of the head engineers. The next day I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GP? Strengths? Weaknesses? Why’d you choose your degree? Struggled with a co-worker or upper level management? Time where your ideas were challenged? Dealing with adversity in project? Time when you failed and how did you improve? How do I form long term goals and how do I achieve them? Why Georgia-Pacific? What do you want to get out of Georgia-Pacific? Time where you had to be proactive?   Answer Question

IH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Muskogee, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

They asked basic behavioral based questions. They also asked a few technical questions related to industrial hygiene. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. I was hoping for a safety internship but as it turned out, they were only offering a position for industrial hygiene.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lovell, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Lovell, WY).

Interview

test on manufacturing and the process. On phone interview thru their recruiter and if you pass all required test then they call you for a in person interview when you are there you will interview with at least 5 or 6 people

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview marathon. Interviewed with 5 people, including a VP, for one hour each. The recruiter responded to all interview decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

I applied through my college university during the career fair where I gave them my resume and signed up for a timeslot to be interviewed which I did and then got a call that I got it and then I started the next semester.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Process at GP is entirely behavioral based. All the questions asked were based upon the MBM guiding principles. There were three rounds.
    1. Phone interview- General HR based questions
    2. Hiring manager 1:1- Most questions were behavioral and past experiences.
    3. Director Round 1:1- Again a fit based round entirely on past experiences and projects done.
    The HRs at GP are very helpful and friendly. The process was pretty smooth.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair. Talked to the recruiter to learn about the position they were looking to fill. Asked if they were interviewing on-campus that week. Recruiter said yes and asked me when I could do an interview. Interview consisted of 3 people. Very relaxed. Wanted to get to know you and make sure you were a good fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time that you did not agree with someone that you had to work with.   Answer Question