Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.1

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a typical interview the people were friendly but during the interview were very stone faced and showed no emotion. They asked a lot of situational questions and tried to gauge how you are as a person in different situations. It was by no means a hostile environment, but not a comfortable one.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you saw an opportunity for improvement and how did you act on that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase as it was a co op position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewers use situation, behavior, and outcome questioning technique. They are typically looking to see how the interviewee thinks and acts in certain situations to ensure the candidate will fit withing the culture of Georgia-Pacific. There is usually an interviewer that will ask questions that are directly skill oriented as it relates to project management. There may be a written test, but generally these are face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time when you when you went along with the group's wishes even though you had strong reservations about what they wanted to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are generally market based.

Customer Reconciliation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Green Bay, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied and received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview took 30 mins, recruiter asked questions about your background. A week later HR called to schedule in person interview. HR emailed instruction and gave some links to help me prepare. Met with 6 people, two at a time. Each person asked about 5 behavior questions and for each question they would follow up with more questions. Some questions were hard to answer but all the people there were really nice which helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.
      What would you do if a team member wasn’t pulling his/her weight on a project?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond the normal scope of your duties.
      Tell me about a time where you discovered a problem on your own and fixed it without being told to do so.  Tell me of a time when you did something without being asked.
      Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Starkville, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

We basically went over behavioral questions that they send you a link to. They did not pressure me at all and I was able to take my time when answering questions. The interview process took about an hour and I asked them some of my own questions afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you did not agree with your teammates. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Winter Park, FL).

Interview

Georgia Pacific is a very diligent company and the like to impress you. the overall experience was great. The interview process was definitely the most rigorous process I've ever been through.

"Leader" - Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

**BEWARE** Uses Candidates as a Benchmark Tool with 0 Desire to Hire!!!

HR arranged me to meet 2 VPs for a breakfast at a hotel near the office. Thought this was strange but then I thought they are very busy people and could only allow breakfast interview slots. One of the VPs couldn't help gloat about himself all morning while the other one (hiring manager) took careful notes on ALL of my ideas, strategies, and approaches to solving THEIR problems. Again, I thought this was strange because most VPs I've encountered during the interview cycle are able to process a lot of information in their head. But, this one noted everything I said. I am not sure how long but I found out that they already had an Internal Candidate in mind. Actually, an H1-Visa candidate because the same job post appeared on another job site with the "Ga Dept. of Labor" stamp on it.

Very disgusting way to use people who are looking for earnest work to make earnest wages and be treated this way! Their rationale must be: "we provided free breakfast". The food was not even that good and neither the food or the company was worth getting up at 5:30 am for.

I don't know if Georgia Pacific always operated this way in the past but this interview occurred after they've already been acquired by the Koch Brothers. The biggest PAC in Congress.

Interview Questions

• We have an issue with x problem in our division. How would you solve this?   Answer Question

Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I am out of state, so I started with several phone interviews, then they flew me down for an all-day interview with 7 people. They tell you ahead of time that there will be behavioral questions and that is indeed how the interviews were structured. Prepare for that and you'll do well. People were very professional and well organized I thought. I was impressed after my visit (which was in mid-December). It's now February and I haven't heard back and my two e-mails to my HR contact were not replied to. I feel this is very unprofessional and discourteous. I'm assuming the job is on hold, other candidates are being interviewed, etc., but at this point I wouldn't be interested in a job at GP due to the way they've handled the process. Respectful communication should occur between both the candidate and the interviewing company. At least a reply e-mail saying something to the effect of "stay tuned", or "we're not interested". Frankly I expected more from a Koch company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of a leader are you? Tell me about a time...(prep for behavioral questions with good examples)   Answer Question

Envronmental Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Little Rock, AR) in December 2015.

Interview

They use all behavioral based interview questions! They asked one of my reference to describe what I look like when I arrive at work and how I carry myself. If you are not familiar with star don't worry they send you everything , that being said they can hit you out of left field. The interview group that I met with was very nice and I highly recommend them. In the end it was not a fit for myself.

Interview Questions

• Worst thing you ever did in your career?   1 Answer

It was not a fit for me two months training away from the family, plus the town was extremely tiny and I felt the isolation would get to them.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Neenah, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The company had me interview with a myriad of people, all of whom were asking behavioral based interview questions. In total, I had 5 30 minute interviews, a one hour lunch, and a tour of the facility. Everyone was very helpful and nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not have the best relationship with a superior.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Georgia-Pacific uses behavior-based interviewing. We recommend researching this interview style so you’ll be prepared when you meet with us. During the interview, we’ll discuss the opportunity we have available and answer any questions you may have. We’ll also ask questions about projects and experiences from your previous employment. You’ll likely meet with several people during your visit, so bring several copies of your resume.