Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewers should definitely familiarize themselves with the company's MBM management philosophy as this is the cornerstone of the entire corporate structure. The preliminary portion of the interview included a phone screen with a HR representative. Once the group was narrowed, a four hour in-person interview was conducted at the corporate office with four other candidates. The group was divided and each individual was subjected to one-on-one interviews with four managers which lasted for one hour each. From what I gathered, there was another round of four candidates interviewing later in the afternoon for a total of eight in-person interviews. Two candidates were later offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time your ethics were in question and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Stillwater, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short.It was offered to me after talking to them at the career fair. The interview was cut-short because they had a interview right after mine. They were not able to go through the entire set of behavior based questions they had for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in September 2016.

Interview

The process was very friendly and included the standard subset of questions from a large corporation. It was 2 people from the operations side of the company who were asking simple questions about your leadership, experience with industry, and how well of a fit you'd make a Georgia-Pacific. They were very friendly, though they (purposely I suppose) are very difficult to read.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an on campus interview very quickly. GP uses a behavioral based interview method so It's good to study up before hand to make sure you are familiar with the process.
    The interview was very comfortable. They mostly wanted to see how I worked with others and how I approached problems and solving techniques.
    They asked a few questions about my knowledge of the paper and pulp industry

Interview Questions

• Name one time you failed and how you used it to improve   Answer Question

Plant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylorsville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Taylorsville, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

There was 2 phone interviews with a recruiter, and a senior corporate manager. Then i had a face to face interview with 4 (was supposed to be 5 but the 5th was out of the office that day) facility managers from different capacities. These included, the plant manager, the purchasing manager, the regional (interim facility) controller, and the green-end superintendent. I enjoyed the interview with each! They actually had "behavioral questions to ask but they all said they rather have a conversation with me which I enjoyed. And then the superintendent took me on a plant tour which was great. It was great to see the process and help me see exactly what I'd be accounting for...Gives you a better understanding rather than just see outputs on a report.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in September 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair. Interview the next day. Very easy, they use market based management. Brush up on the guiding principles and talk about safety. Got a call about two weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to get out of a situation for moral reasons and why?   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Decatur, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. The leader was really going through for what is he looking for so it had flowed very well. The hiring is quick ( in case of contract) but for the permanent position, it takes awhile. Everything was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people at the same time. All of the questions asked during the interview were behavioral based questions. Make sure you know how to use the star method for answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a performance review.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very standard behavioral interview. Had multiple rounds. Some of the people were friendly and some were not. Some rounds seemed repetitive. They asked a few in depth questions on how to use excel for certain task they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a about a time you felt you did not receive enough credit.   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Interview process with GP is very detailed and you sit down with several employees on a one-on-one basis. You are asked a series of questions that get you to think and help determine the best person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss you a time when you had to go around your boss/manager to complete a task and why and how did that result in from your decision.   Answer Question