Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2017

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Decatur, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. The leader was really going through for what is he looking for so it had flowed very well. The hiring is quick ( in case of contract) but for the permanent position, it takes awhile. Everything was great.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people at the same time. All of the questions asked during the interview were behavioral based questions. Make sure you know how to use the star method for answering the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a performance review.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very standard behavioral interview. Had multiple rounds. Some of the people were friendly and some were not. Some rounds seemed repetitive. They asked a few in depth questions on how to use excel for certain task they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a about a time you felt you did not receive enough credit.   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Interview process with GP is very detailed and you sit down with several employees on a one-on-one basis. You are asked a series of questions that get you to think and help determine the best person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss you a time when you had to go around your boss/manager to complete a task and why and how did that result in from your decision.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

This interview took place at the biannual Anerican Chrmistry Society meeting. It was a very general interview, more of a informative interview than one for a particular position. We spoke 1:1 for approximately 30 minutes, first reviewing my résumé before moving into more general "interview" questions. The entire interview proceeded organically, more as a continuing conversation than the more typically question and answer style interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about one time when you had to deal with an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in July 2016.

Interview

Safety first, You have to be alert at all times. You need to be able to stand long hours & lifts 30lbs & up. You have to treat others like you want to be treated with respect.

Production Interview

Interview

The interview process is unfair, taking a test online is not the same as meeting a person face to face, some people like myself do not do well with test but our performance is excellent, I wish there was no testing for this company.

Interview Questions

• what was a time you were asked to do something unsafe and what did you do.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

I was offered an on-campus interview at the university career fair after visiting the Georgia-Pacific booth. The on-campus interview was scheduled for the next day at my university. After being given a job offer, I traveled to the job site and was given a tour of the facility. I met with management, the human resources director, and went to lunch with a few new hires. All in all, it was an incredibly enjoyable experience and everyone I met was incredibly kind and helpful.

Forklift Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview consisted of 2 people. Very friendly and straight forward with job details and information about the plant itself. Answered all of my questions to the point and was very eager to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment are you familiar with?   1 Answer
    • You find something wrong with your equipment mid-shift. What do you do? Do you try to fix it?   1 Answer

I applied through Encadria staffing solutions for a full-time position. When I was at the interview, I was informed that the position was a temporary part-time position only. No guarantee of being promoted to full time, no guarantee of my position lasting long.

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by multiple phone interviews. These included questions about how you have contributed in previous job functions, skills you've obtained that would help you succeed in the position applied for, and where you would like to see yourself go in the future.

Interview Questions

• How have you in the past created value?   1 Answer