Georgia-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I am out of state, so I started with several phone interviews, then they flew me down for an all-day interview with 7 people. They tell you ahead of time that there will be behavioral questions and that is indeed how the interviews were structured. Prepare for that and you'll do well. People were very professional and well organized I thought. I was impressed after my visit (which was in mid-December). It's now February and I haven't heard back and my two e-mails to my HR contact were not replied to. I feel this is very unprofessional and discourteous. I'm assuming the job is on hold, other candidates are being interviewed, etc., but at this point I wouldn't be interested in a job at GP due to the way they've handled the process. Respectful communication should occur between both the candidate and the interviewing company. At least a reply e-mail saying something to the effect of "stay tuned", or "we're not interested". Frankly I expected more from a Koch company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of a leader are you? Tell me about a time...(prep for behavioral questions with good examples)   Answer Question

Envronmental Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Little Rock, AR) in December 2015.

Interview

They use all behavioral based interview questions! They asked one of my reference to describe what I look like when I arrive at work and how I carry myself. If you are not familiar with star don't worry they send you everything , that being said they can hit you out of left field. The interview group that I met with was very nice and I highly recommend them. In the end it was not a fit for myself.

Interview Questions

• Worst thing you ever did in your career?   1 Answer

It was not a fit for me two months training away from the family, plus the town was extremely tiny and I felt the isolation would get to them.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Neenah, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The company had me interview with a myriad of people, all of whom were asking behavioral based interview questions. In total, I had 5 30 minute interviews, a one hour lunch, and a tour of the facility. Everyone was very helpful and nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not have the best relationship with a superior.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Georgia-Pacific uses behavior-based interviewing. We recommend researching this interview style so you’ll be prepared when you meet with us. During the interview, we’ll discuss the opportunity we have available and answer any questions you may have. We’ll also ask questions about projects and experiences from your previous employment. You’ll likely meet with several people during your visit, so bring several copies of your resume.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zachary, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Zachary, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

Brutal. it was scenario based questions where they were looking for leadership qualities. A total of eight interviewers, one from every department. they all took turns asking questions and exploring for more information about previous work experience and how it was relevant to the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you didn't do something that was popular and was against company policies.   1 Answer

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific in November 2015.

Interview

Conference room in hotel. Three separate interviews with 2-3 on the panel at each. Good atmosphere for the most part with casual conversation intermixed with questions. An interview with GP years prior was far less friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you had to abandon after investing a significant amount of time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions like What is your biggest achievement, What do you know about the company. They were writing your answers so make sure that there is no awkward silence in between.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when you had a conflict at your work place ?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific.

Interview

Standard interview process. Very typical. Situation based questioning based on your prior experience. You will rotate between interviews and they will ask the same questions multiple times from multiple interviews with slight variations.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Green Bay, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone screen was a behavioral interview process but the Human Resources Recruiter was very helpful in letting me know what she was looking for. Then I had another brief interview with the hiring manager over the phone which led to a third in person interview which will be with four people and behavioral type again. I have not had that one yet.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to make a critical decision in your supervisors absence.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific (Knoxville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was welcomed generously by the interviewer and felt very comfortable throughout the process. The interviewer was personable and expressed interest in each of my answers. Each question that was asked had relevance to behavioral interviewing and allowed the interviewee to mention relatable material to the job position.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest on-the-job experience you had to handle?   Answer Question