Georgia Power Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AFT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very easy and executives were very friendly. If you just follow the STARS method, you would do fine. The questions they ask are also very generic. Ex) Name a time where you had to face difficulties and how did you deal with it?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to face difficulties and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very professional and structured process, involving HR, hiring manager, other staff to explain job requirements, work environment, culture, management philosophy, benefits, options for professional growth, HR policies, diversity, and various operational areas of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are the most qualified person for this position.   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (McDonough, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the service consultant position in Mcdonough Georgia. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable. I answered using the Star technique. The interview was short and simple. It was an one on one interview. One of the questions were, how the job that I am applying for ties in to your background and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest task of performing great customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I was asked basic questions about my background and education. A couple of days later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 4 people at once. 3 were in the conference room, 1 was on speaker phone. I was asked some more technical questions about data analysis and what software I was familiar with. They also asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? Describe a time when there was conflict in a group. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Corporate Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and 2 Human Resource Personnel. Behavioral interview format. Had provided me 3 questions to prepare with and names of people on panel beforehand. The remaining questions were typical behavioral questions.I don't recall how I answered but they are basically looking to see if you are a hard worker, are easy to get along with, and will fit in with their culture. Having a background in utilities is a big place since their business is so unique. The interview was much harder than the actual job requirements. I don't know why their screening process is so rigorous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the job. They just like being "picky" and being known for being selective with candidates. It's mostly the culture you should focus on learning about. It's either you fit or you don't.

Interview Questions

• How did I resolve a conflict? How did I handle a situation where I made a mistake?   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (McDonough, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online; received invitation to test within 2 weeks; received invitation to interview within 2 weeks; interview length about 30 minutes with a panel of 2 supervisors who were personable and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They used the behavorial STAR interview format, requesting that candidates stick to that format when answering any questions. Overall it was very formal. A panel interview with five people in the room. All had a pre planned question and they went around the room each taking a turn.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Cartersville, GA).

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, interview on site, they followed up in a few weeks. Safety is a big part of the culture, and you can be guaranteed they will ask you something about safety

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

You will talk to the supervisor of the department that you are interviewing for, and only them. You will probably be the only one interviewing for the job because nobody that has been sent there has stuck with the job, so the job is probably yours. It is a pretty basic interview. Afterwards you are toured around, and then you are done. An hour at most.

Distribution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Power (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The company does a phone interview and if they like you they will do an in person interview with several supervisors. The panel was intimidating but the company does a good job at making you feel at home and at ease.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negation phase was easy. I wish I had asked for more on the salary negotiations because I feel like they would have offered more.