Georgia State University Applications Developer Intermediate Applications Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Applications Developer Intermediate Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview. Met with manager and two leads. Then met with director. The process was quick. They seemed desperate which can be good or bad. I received an offer but it was low and almost disrespectful for the skill needed for this position. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• General pl/sql and unix questions. What is a procedure, describe some unix commands, what is a trigger.   Answer Question

Interviewed for this position and there is already a review on this site which is rare.I wish I would of saw it first. It was on point. I asked questions regarding current staffing, project management methodologies, and most telling I asked what most they liked about working at GSU. They stumbled and said things like job stability...!?!?! So they don't see it as challenging, fun, or even fulfilling LOL. I found most interesting was that in the job description is a bait and switch. There where job duties discussed not posted in the description. Finally, the initial salary offer was 55k. LOL seriously!?!? You want someone with Java, pl/sql, web, oracle skills all for 55k in Atlanta. Keep moving folks don't waist your time. I wouldn't even take this job if I was desperate.