Georgia State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was two parts phone and skype, I had to create a presentation as a part of the interview process. It was an intense process, however I felt calm and easy throughout the interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Decatur, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in May of 2016. Received an E-mail from the hiring manager in mid-July asking if I was still interested. An in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview process was very straightforward and relaxed. Both interviewers had pages with questions and each took turns asking. Most of of the interview questions were behavioral and the hiring manager explaining the desire for S.T.A.R. style responses (situation, task, action, results). They also described the department and the general duties of the role.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with x, y, z? Name a time you went above and beyond what was required of you? Have you ever had to teach yourself a complex concept?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the university assistantship program through the honors college and didn't make it through the first round of positions. I was contacted during the second round, a couple of weeks later and contacted for an interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I took a class from my professor of the Financial Engineering class and got a very good grade. So he directly asked me to be his GRA.

Interview Questions

• Do you have time to work as the GRA in the Spring?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a great phone interview with the hiring committee and was offered an on-campus interview a couple of weeks later. I drove the 5 hours there and paid for a hotel on my dime. The interview was conducted in the HR building and lasted 30 minutes total including the 5 minute pitch I was asked to prepare. I walked away feeling dissatisfied. I was not offered the position, but would have hesitated to take it anyway. That is not enough time to get to know someone, for either the employer or myself. If this search was just a formality for an internal hire, please do not invite graduate students and not offer reimbursement for expenses.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we should know that we would not have gotten from your resume?   Answer Question

Housing- Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

My interview was with a housing director. It lasted for about 45 minutes. The focus was scenarios/situations that are expected to be solved using the star method. Know the star method down to the T !!! Take your time answering questions. If you get nervous, simply ask if you can start over. Ask if they need clarification on any of the answers at the end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a conflict with a coworker/student and how you handled it ?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview

They ask basic interview questions that are typical for most jobs. Unless it's very specific like working the IT Department or something else, the questions aren't too hard. They are interviewing you like this is a real job, so don't take this lightly. This is a job, so take it seriously.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Tell me about yourself? What are some of your achievements?   1 Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was sent a confirmation of my application. Was sent a request to set up a time for an initial interview. Talked on the phone. The interviewer/recruiter was very professional and responsive. Listened to my answers and build upon them. Responded in a timely manner. Had another meeting with Manager and also was told that I would hear back within a week, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the University?   1 Answer

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an employee referral. Then I submitted my CV directly to the professor, which was followed by the phone interview. I had a discussion with a senior lab person about the lab focus and lab envirnoment and then I got my offer letter after the background check with 3 weeks time.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview

It is not stressful. Filled out the application online. They tell us their needs and the work that is expected, and ask us how comfortable we are with the scheduling of work milestones. It took about two to three weeks to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Easy and straight forward. Questions are all typical interview questions.   Answer Question