Georgia State University Student Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia State University Student Assistant Interview Questions

2.1

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview

They ask basic interview questions that are typical for most jobs. Unless it's very specific like working the IT Department or something else, the questions aren't too hard. They are interviewing you like this is a real job, so don't take this lightly. This is a job, so take it seriously.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Tell me about yourself? What are some of your achievements?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia State University

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview

It is not stressful. Filled out the application online. They tell us their needs and the work that is expected, and ask us how comfortable we are with the scheduling of work milestones. It took about two to three weeks to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Easy and straight forward. Questions are all typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It is not stressful. Filled out the application online. They called me a few days later to schedule an interview. It a very friendly environment to be in. You will enjoy it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

It is not stressful. The only problem is the waiting period to get cleared after background check. If you are hardworking and interested in working in the service industry, this is the place to be. It a very friendly environment to be in. You will enjoy it.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia State University in April 2013.

Interview

Applied in person at the Interlibrary Loan Unit office. Filled out the application on spot and turned it in. They called me a few days later to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just basic "why do you want to work with the interlibrary loan unit?" and "will you be able to lift 5-10 pounds?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, the sheduled an interview that would a week later. I dressed professionally n went in to the interview. It was a situational based interview consisting of 4 situational questions, such as "describe a time you provided good customer service". Afterward I had an opportunity to ask question and I did. The interviewer said the decisions will be emailed in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you resolved a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University in December 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position by filling out a questionnaire online along with attaching a resume. Got an e-mail asking for a skype interview (I was studying abroad at the time). Skype interview was with another candidate (that office always does group interviews with student assistants), video did not work, but interview went well. Less than a week later was told I got the job and would start when I returned home.

Interview Questions

• Give me a 30 second pitch you'd give to someone in the courtyard if you were trying to convince them to study abroad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard student assistant salary of minimum wage, but received a raise as soon as I was allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Simple... quatesion about your past exp...if you can hanlde the job...and question for them....aslo situational quetsion like what would you do..or how would you handle a situation

Interview Questions

• tell me about a problem or situation that you handled...and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, negotiation...minium wagefor all student

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a friend who also worked at the University, but in another department. The supervisor that worked in the department in which I was seeking a position in knew my friend personally, and agreed to bring me in for an interview. Initially, he gave me her telephone number and I contacted her. She prompted me to come meet her as soon as possible, which I did, resume in hand. Upon my arrival, she informally asked me about myself, my credentials, and the hours I was available to work. At the end, she informed me that she would speak with the business manager and go from there. The next day, she called me and told me to contact the business manager to meet with her. Upon contact, I made an appointment with the business manager and we met. She was very intimidating, but kind at the same time. She asked similar questions to the supervisor. At the end of the interview, she hired me for the job. My perception was that they were looking to fill in the position immediately. The person who was there at the time proved very unreliable and they were done with her, so I believe that's what made my hiring process go so quickly.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotions. The business manager told me what the starting rate was, and after nearly a year of unemployment and desperation, I was in no position to ask for more. It was satisfactory. Since then, I have received a n adequate raise.