Georgia Tech Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

This is not an normal interview for a job offer. This is just an interview for graudate scholl application.
 I submitted all materials online. After two month, the acadmic office of ECE department of Gatech decieded to accept me. Then, after I came here, I sent a professor an email, tried to join his lab for research. After talking with him, him accepted me, gladely.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia Tech

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

There was not an interview process. There was a recruitment weekend were we met all of the professors. They took us out to dinner and showed us around the labs. We also got a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. We did meet with professors to hear about their research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very nice and very professional. Only my future advisor attended the interview. In the beginning, I gave a brief self-introduction. Then he asked questions. Basically they were about my previous research projects and my future plan, my motivations as well. When I was talking about one of my projects, he might be interested and asked me several technical details.

Interview Questions

• What are your research interests?
      Why you choose Georgia Tech?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through couple email exchange with the faculty. Went to campus to visit in person. Talked briefly but most was with the current students. Prof busy all the time. The students are helpful for identifying the possible challenges.

Interview Questions

• Research interest; Past research experience; future goal   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Speak with different professors to find a match for a project. It is important to find a good match for professor, subject matter, and lab group. It is important to match well with your professor since they can determine how the next couple of years working for them will be. Do you want a hands-on professor or someone who lets you work on your own?

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Questions

• No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Usually, you need to reach out to the professor at the very beginning.
    Take courses with the professor you are interested in working with. Be active in the class.
    Then, try to use the opportunity of the course term project to make an impression with the professor.
    Get a paper out of it if possible.
    As long as the both you and your professor feel great working with one another, I am sure you will get the GRA position!

Interview Questions

• Q; What are your interested research area?
      Q: Do you have any background on your desired research topic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

First you apply online through the Buzzport portal. Usually a committee of new faculty reviews your application, which includes GRE scores, undergrad transcripts, and your research experience as an undergrad. I think there were also some personal essays too. Then it usually takes 1 to 2 months to hear if you are accepted. If you are, of course you would come in August, and at that time you have approximately 1 and a half months to decide on your faculty advisor. However, many students email the professors as soon as they are accepted to get an idea of who they would like to work with beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What is your undergrad research?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in this lab?   1 Answer
    • What is your future career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Since this was a graduate student position, you just apply online. After acceptance there is a recruitment event in which new potential graduate students get the opportunity to meet with senior grads/postdocs and advisors. Individual meetings are set up for advisors you are interested in. Generally you will meet with the advisor, and separately with their students. Expect to hear back pretty quickly (~1 week).

Interview Questions

• What is your background in? Have you done undergraduate research? Which instruments are you familiar with?   Answer Question