Georgia Tech Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Tech Graduate Student Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Application online a ndsend your GRE and other scores. Application process takes 2 months.
We have to submit everything online and the admits are sent some 3 months later. The I20 are sent somewhere in May. The college starts in August

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia Tech

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

It's quite simple for international students. First apply online and send the supplemental materials to the school. While waiting for responses, email professors that you are interested in and communicate with them to impress them. That's it.

Interview Questions

• Do you wanna join my research group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

I contacted the professor I was interested in working with by email. Simultaneously I submitted the grad school application to the Prof's department, and specified his name as first choice. A while later (1-2 months) they contacted me to schedule an interview. The interview I met with 4 or 5 profs including my first choice. There were 10-15 other admitted prospective students. It was a pleasant process. My advisor did most of the talking during our meeting time. This was my first interview really so I was not particularly savvy about the questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• (Incredulously) You've only taken X number of classes in your field of interest??   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate. My desire to move out of my parents house overwhelmed my desire to be paid what I'm worth. Furthermore I was paid what everyone else in my position in my dept at Tech was paid, even a bit more.

Advice for future doctoral students: interview multiple profs and go with a big, established lab (full professor)