Georgia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was great. Everyone was down to earth and asked good situational questions. They made me feel comfortable during the process. Although the atmosphere was that of a formal panel style interview, it was very light as everyone spoke of there own experiences that help you feel connected to those in the room.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation that required you to help a non technical person with a technical issue?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying for one position, I was asked to apply for another position because I was "a good fit." An initial phone screen was scheduled for 3 weeks later. The person conducting the phone screen was an HR person, someone not normally assigned to the team this position would support. The HR person spent most of the 30 minutes talking about the position, and asked me very few questions. She was unable to answer most of my questions, and said someone from that team would follow up with me. Subsequent queries went unanswered, and I was finally notified 3 months later that I was not selected. I believe the position was recended.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to manage projects and stay on top of work?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked me to interview for the open position. Had a quick phone interview and then was scheduled for a face-to-face shortly after. The face-to-face lasted about 60 minutes.

Student Accounts Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online & received a call 3 weeks later to set up a phone interview. 20 min phone interview with director of student accounts ended with invitation for face to face interview. F2f a few days later with assistant director & director. Very laid back and casual environment. Never heard back regarding a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What traits do you like in a supervisor?
      Why should we hire you?
      What BANNER screens have you used?
      Describe your typical work day.   Answer Question

Student Center Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2015.

Interview

I was referee by a friend, another student, and talked over email to his manager. I then had an in person interview where general questions were asked.

I was asked to interview again for the next term in November.

Interview Questions

• you have finished your work For the day and a manager is nowhere to be found.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

First, there's a phone screening. If they like you, you will be invited to an in person interview (short notice). The interview is with pretty much the entire team of DBAs as well as the application, OS, & network team

Student Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted a little more than a month after applying online. The initial telephone interview was 30 min. There were 3 people on the panel. Was contacted a week later for a face to face interview, but declined because the salary was lower than I expected. Otherwise, the interviewers were very friendly and informative. Would recommend to apply.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I first received a 40 minute conversation on the job description. It was a lot of blabbering, when we got towards the end I asked if I could get a more descriptive description, instead she then invited me in for an interview. Boy did it go bad. Not only was the job description irrelevant, the questions were difficult and ego-driven. For a technical support position at a university this was unnecessary. I felt incompetent like my 6 years of experience didn't matter.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the different between STP and RSTP?
      2) Can you explain Cam Stack Overflow?   Answer Question

ERP Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Someone contacted me a good month or so after I had applied. Since I was out of state they agreed to do a Skype interview which was great, however they experienced some "technical difficulties" during the interview itself and couldn't get their cameras working. Interviewing with people you can't see is more daunting than it sounds because you can't gauge their reactions, so I honestly had no idea how it went (I guess not well since I didn't get the job). Plus it was a panel interview on top of that (5 or 6 interviewers). They didn't really ask any technical questions but instead opted for more behavioral scenarios. I was interviewing for a technical position so I'm not sure how you can determine someone's technical skills if you don't ask technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you took control.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a coworker did something that bothered you and what you did about it   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had to complete a task before the end of the day but you didn't think you would be able to finish on time?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a lengthy process. I first had a phone interview, then an in person interview with the hiring manager, then a third interview with other members of the team. Everyone was really nice and it was a laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What is something a prior manager has told you that you could improve on?   1 Answer