Georgia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.3

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

Long and met with lots of people in the dept. A LOT of situational questions. "How would you handle..." "Tell us about a time when this happened - what went wrong and what could be done differently next time..." "You mentioned you have experience with this - go into more detail about that..." "Why are you leaving your job?"

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a huge mistake with a big client? What would you do differently? What would you say to them to let them know this would never happen again? What steps would you put into place to make sure this never happened again? How would you remedy it right away and for the next time?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant, ME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process wasn't an interview to get into the school, it was an application of your past records and test scores plus an essay or two. There was interviews with the various professors that you might work with. Those for me were pretty laid back. They mostly asked what type of things I had worked on previously, what my motivations for going to graduate school were, and what my research interests were. I don't remember any technical questions. I recommend during the advisor search to schedule your interviews early.

Interview Questions

• What gets you up in the morning?   1 Answer

GTA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

Talked to professor, got recommended to administration. Got an offer a few weeks later. Went to the human resources building to fill out appropriate paperwork and I was ready to go.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

its a very good place wit a lot of great people, do I really need to write 20 words for this stupid website?its a very good place wit a lot of great people, do I really need to write 20 words for this stupid website?

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

There was no interview for this job. The process of applying this job was to submit your application online (one recommendation letter from your previous CHBE professor was required). After you submit your application, they will assign some course that you are willing to do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating phase.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with lab post doc. Simply sat down and worked through resume. Asking for examples along the way. I was asked to describe various techniques and softwares stated in my resume. Matlab in particular. Asked about being a team leader.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me an example of a problem you solved using xx method you learned   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

- Brief sit in with the people involved, talk about the research and responsibilities, as well as time commitment (was part time). The position varies for the professor and school you work with within Georgia Tech, some may be much harder than others. I was lucky as they needed a lot of new members coming into the lab.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

I was called to do a phone interview.I was asked very easy questions about my work history and my hobbies. They wanted to make sure that I was a team player as I would be working in a large group.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was great. Everyone was down to earth and asked good situational questions. They made me feel comfortable during the process. Although the atmosphere was that of a formal panel style interview, it was very light as everyone spoke of there own experiences that help you feel connected to those in the room.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation that required you to help a non technical person with a technical issue?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

No interview. Just ask the professor and if there is availability you will get in. Just make sure you have good grades and ask well in advance. I have nothing more to add but will keep typing to reach the min words required to submit...