Georgia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.3

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked me to interview for the open position. Had a quick phone interview and then was scheduled for a face-to-face shortly after. The face-to-face lasted about 60 minutes.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

I interviewed through skype and it was friendly conversation about how the position will be beneficial for me and how I can be beneficial for the PI. Generally a pleasant interview.

Student Accounts Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online & received a call 3 weeks later to set up a phone interview. 20 min phone interview with director of student accounts ended with invitation for face to face interview. F2f a few days later with assistant director & director. Very laid back and casual environment. Never heard back regarding a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What traits do you like in a supervisor?
      Why should we hire you?
      What BANNER screens have you used?
      Describe your typical work day.
      Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

Straightforward process. Send CV with statement of research to the Prof along with publications sample. Face Skype/physical interview, discuss what you the research.

Wait for few weeks for the final decision.

Interview Questions

• What you have done, what are your plan, and how do you meet the criteria and skills related to the project.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Just emailed the professors I was interested in working for, the ones who were looking for help emailed me back. I then set up a meeting with the ones I was interested in most and ended up getting offered the job at the very laid back interview, which was more like a description of their work and getting to know each other.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Sale Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

irst screening interview was coffee offsite with two members of the practice group. They provided an overview of the practice and answered questions in a casual atmosphere. "Call back" interview was several weeks later, for half day. There were four 20-minute interviews with managers or above--make sure to prepare several questions to ask during this process. Following the four interviews was lunch nearby with two associates. Much more casual, but

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Application online a ndsend your GRE and other scores. Application process takes 2 months.
    We have to submit everything online and the admits are sent some 3 months later. The I20 are sent somewhere in May. The college starts in August

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed and simple. We discussed my background and what I can bring to the table, and how I can grow the department. Then we reviewed my previous work and what I felt my strengths and weaknesses are.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There is no interview. The selection process is based on department policy and the amount of graduate students need the position. At the beginning of each semester, advisors will join the school meeting and discuss how many graduate students need the funding support. In addition, graduate students will be required to provide his/her class schedule. After these processes, the graduate students will be informed which class and when he/she will need to come to the class and take the responsibility.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. It depended on school policy and the amount of graduate students need the position.   Answer Question

Interview

There was not an interview process. There was a recruitment weekend were we met all of the professors. They took us out to dinner and showed us around the labs. We also got a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. We did meet with professors to hear about their research.   Answer Question