Georgia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

The interview is really just an informal talk with the administrator of the graduate students of your department. If you first talk to your advisor (who is the one that suggests a TA for you in case he/she cannot provide funding for your research). Then you go to the academic advisor to inquiry about TA positions available in the department. You need to be a little pushy to make sure you have all your expenses covered

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on your strengths (which classes you should/could TA for) and any previous experience   Answer Question

Interview

I had a one on one interview with the academic adviser in the department to check and test my technical knowledge, skills and prior experience related to the field. I was also introduced to the head of department but no interview was taken at that level.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very interesting. I went in for 3 interviews. The first was easy. The second was a little difficult. The third wasn't even an interview. They were lovely and offered me coffee and food. The only thing I had a problem with was how long it took for Ga Tech to send me an offer letter.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in with my resume and knowledge of my weekly schedule. The interview was very informal. I got the interview through a friend who said if the boss is meeting with me, then I pretty much had the job. The location was in my boss' office. She described her department, her duties, and the duties of the job I was interviewing for. Then after that she introduced her two conditions for employment, which were if I had any problems arriving to work on time and when I was available to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Student Center Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2015.

Interview

I was referee by a friend, another student, and talked over email to his manager. I then had an in person interview where general questions were asked.

I was asked to interview again for the next term in November.

Interview Questions

• you have finished your work For the day and a manager is nowhere to be found.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

First, there's a phone screening. If they like you, you will be invited to an in person interview (short notice). The interview is with pretty much the entire team of DBAs as well as the application, OS, & network team

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just went and talked to a research professor. He asked me to come in the next day. He had a group of students there who were interested in hiring RA's and they each described the various projects that they were working on. Just had to approach a student, tell him/her what you're interested in accomplishing and wait to hear back

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview

I did online application so there was no personal interview. They send me a confirmation email and congratulate me on obtaining the position. Of course you have to be prepared very well before you apply to this position. For example, you need to have a good GPA and language proof and so on.

Student Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted a little more than a month after applying online. The initial telephone interview was 30 min. There were 3 people on the panel. Was contacted a week later for a face to face interview, but declined because the salary was lower than I expected. Otherwise, the interviewers were very friendly and informative. Would recommend to apply.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Round table interview. Three people at once. Hiring manager, HR Advisor and HR rep. Sat at a conference table and each asked a variety of question .

Interview Questions

• Years of experience.? How do you handle pressure. How manage time.   Answer Question