Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018

2.8

New Business Development Interview

Interview

15-30 minute phone call, basic interview questions and follow-up in person interviews after. simple questions such as previous work experience and reason for applying. know what the company does and how your skills transfer

Business Development Man Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and set up the initial phone screen with the recruiter. She gave me a call at the appointed time. Not sure if she was having a bad day or what, but she was very short throughout the whole call that only lasted about 13 minutes. She rushed through speaking about the company and could not provide me any details on the position when I asked her. She could also not even tell me what the compensation range was or how it was even structured. She was very short again in all the questions I asked her and just kept saying the hiring manager could tell me but then when I asked who I would be reporting to for this role or what their title was, she couldn't even tell me that! I was pretty disappointed as I was looking forward to this interview and this role but this initial screen just seemed unprofessional.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

A phone interview is a VERY POOR way for a potential hire to express themselves and to convey who they really are. This is not the right way to gain a first impression. My colleague and I were both very disappointed when we both got turned away from this company after phone interviews, which was very strange given that we are both very well spoken, well versed, experienced students, and expressed a strong passion for the company. Experienced as in we have track records in investing and both helped a startup develop into a ~$5M valuation. The recruiting managers seem to neglect value and innovation and that is a shame.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screening by technology team leader. He asked good questions, and was respectful during the almost hour long call.

I was then asked if I had code I had recently written and could share with the engineering team in person.

The in-person interview was one of the most interesting and thoughtful I've come across. Members of the engineering team (about 7 of them) and I met in a room for a bit more than an hour, with me projecting my code and talking through important portions of it.

The group asked questions and challenged me to explain a few decisions I had made in my code.

Following this, the entire team went out to lunch, where I was given the opportunity to ask questions and generally get to know more about the role and the company as a whole.

I found the process to be entirely respectful, and even enjoyable, and for any employers reading this who are currently using other methods (including take-home exercises, or whiteboard problem solving) to consider this approach.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Was reached out to by HR who scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The first attempt I awaited their call and after 30 minutes of silence I emailed HR to find out what happened. HR responded with an apology because evidently the hiring manager forgot or had to reschedule last minute. They rescheduled our call, but even the second attempt I still did not receive a call as scheduled. I emailed HR and then never heard from back. My experience tells me that their company lacks organization and professionalism overall.

Data Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

1. 1st round with recruiter, the process was straightforward and the recruiter was very helpful with additional information for your preparation
    2. 2nd round phone interview with hiring manager, the hiring manager was friendly and knowledge with his area. The manager is an ex consultant seeking for talents who can perform from the day 1
    3. 3rd round onsite with Sr manager, hiring manager, and stakholder, be prepared to answer questions about your backgrounds and how it can be translate to their existing challenges

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had to follow up twice via email after she asked me what day would work best for the phone screening. The day of the interview, she called me 15 mins late and was speaking to me extremely fast so it just seemed she wanted to get the interview over with. She couldn't answer my questions about the role and didn't pay much attention to my answers. That phone screen lasted only 6 mins.

That call made me feel uncomfortable because I had prepared a lot for her to not even pay attention to me.

Finance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Heard nothing after spending one to three hours on Excel assignment until I follow up twice. Totally UNprofessional. Went through HR screen and hiring manager. Talked about experience and background. General questions.

Member Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

4 rounds of interview
    1. 30 minute phone interview
    2. 30 minute phone interview
    3. Case Study
    4. 2 hour interview with 4 employees 30 minutes each

Interview was easy just prepare

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone-testing my knowledge on the company and the role that i was applying for ....I asked a lot of questions as well...They are very methodical on the hiring process, from what i can gather. I felt very confident considering they gave me resources to look over and prepare for the interview. I was fully prepared for every question they asked.