Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2018

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Interview is conducted in person if local and on phone if not. Interviews with 2 employees are the first stage. The second stage involves a case analysis that varies depending on the department you are applying to. It is followed by further interviews, consisting of one and one half hours, where you review your case study with a current employee and personality interviews are conducted.

Interview Questions

• Name a failure and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Manager, Survey Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen, phone interview, & 30 minute in-person interviews with 3 separate persons. First two were discussions about work experience relating to the position & projects developed, the third was cut and dry questions - left with the taste that the interview was just a fishing expedition for creative ideas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three reasons why we should hire you for this role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in November 2017.

Interview

On Campus Interview. Two behavioral 30-minute interviews. Both interviewers came off as relatively uninterested and did not do a good job of promoting the job. One complained about how heavy her workload was and the behavior of customers. While the company does a good job with PR and marketing, the interview was underwhelming. Both interviewers were very focused on making sure living in Austin was an option for you.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

A series of 2 interviews with the final interview via Skype. The interviewer was extremely rude and didn't even know my name after I introduced myself. She was super condescending and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in October 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter the day after I applied to schedule an HR phone screen. The focus was mainly on my knowledge of GLG, though they did ask about my strengths and weaknesses and why I wanted to switch industries.

I got an email that I was recommended to progress to the phone interview stage, which was scheduled for the following week. The woman was very kind and I had more of an opportunity to talk about my background, skills, and personality. It lasted for roughly 30 minutes.

I was then sent a case study a couple days later and had 24 hours to complete it. Basically, it simulates a real-life GLG project to give you an idea of what you'd be doing and to test your abilities.

I was then invited to an on-site interview, which consisted of 4 30-minute one-on-one interviews (not as scary as it sounds) with various members of the Member Solutions Team. They all asked about my understanding of the business model and what I knew about my role. I felt like this was more a test of mental stamina since they tended to ask some of the same questions. The experience was pleasant and time seemed to pass quickly.

I was contacted by phone within the week with a job offer. While the process was a bit lengthy, it is extremely helpful if you prepare for the questions listed on these interview reviews. Don't hesitate to ask the interviewers questions as well! They're more than happy to share their experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about GLG's business model? (this will be asked during each interview)   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about the position you're applying for? (this will be asked during each interview)   Answer Question
    • What are three strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How did you respond to a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What role do you take in a team setting?   Answer Question
    • If you were given a task you weren't familiar with, what steps would you take?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you hope to achieve?   Answer Question
    • What makes you stand out from other applicants?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in 5 words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was within my range.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interviews followed by a case study then 3 30 minute video interviews. If you are not local, they're too cheap to fly you out. They don't even give you a video tour of the office. The manager was incompetent as he kept saying good luck with your dissertation, but I'm not in a PhD program. He clearly wasn't connecting so I'm glad not to work there. I would rather work for a company that actually reads my resume before and understands my career interests. The first 2 phone interviewers were good and the last 3 people sucked. If you have a master's degree, this probably isn't the place for you.

Interview Questions

• What is our business model?   1 Answer

Remote Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The in person interview was very relaxed. The interviewers were very easy to talk to! Everyone seemed to be very intelligent. The interview process is longer than I am used to, but they truly want to find a person who matches their culture.

Council Development Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Council Development Sales Associate role online via LinkedIn. I got an email response about a week later. The call was less than 30 minutes. The interviewer was blunt and cold. She was very short with me; it felt insincere.

Membership Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very laid back. Whole process took about a month. They really want to make sure you know what they do and the value of it. 3 rounds of interviews: HR screening, 2 x 30 minutes phone interview and an in person interview.

Conference Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Phone screening, phone interview with a group and then in person group interview. Very relaxed and not as intimidating as it plays out to be. Very young company so it is helpful to be yourself and relate. HR however is very slow in responding