Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Member Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was intensive, in my opinion. The entire process lasted about three weeks and consisted of four rounds. I applied online and was contacted via email a week or two later to set up a phone interview. The interview went well and she indicated at the end of the call that they would like to set up a second phone interview. We set that up for the following week. A couple days after the second phone interview, I received an email that said I had progressed to the next phase, which was a case study. It's basically a sample of the work you would do for GLG. It had a turn around time of a few days. I submitted it and was invited within a couple days to interview in person. I am comfortable with in-person interviews, but found this to be the most difficult part simply because of the length and nature of the questions. The whole thing lasted two hours and consisted of 4 30-minute interviews, some with single and some with multiple interviewers. This is really a mental marathon, so study some possible questions and be prepared. It is a lot of repetition, the interviewers will ask many of the same questions. I took all the questions off of Glassdoor (even for different positions) and prepared them in advance - every question they asked was one I'd already looked at and was prepared to answer! Make sure you know the GLG business model, can present a picture of the responsibilities of the job you are applying for, and can talk about/spin your weaknesses (and strengths) as an employee - you will get these questions over and over. A couple days after my in-person interview, I received an offer via telephone.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in January 2017.

Interview

It all happened pretty quickly, I applied online and within the next several days heard from HR about the 2 back to back phone interviews. After that, I heard the same day and received the case study via jobvite. Then, several days after turning in the case study I had a 30 minute call with a manager about my case study. Then I heard that I was no longer in contest for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why GLG? What does GLG do? Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two phone calls (very casual with very young associates) one case interview (take home problem you have to return 3 days later and then a call for that) then final round in Austin

Senior Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Two 30 minutes phone interviews with current employees
    2. Case Study & phone interview reviewing the case study.
    3. On-site interview in Austin Texas (4 one on one interviews with upper level employees, and lunch with senior associates)

The questions will make you think, but one will do fine if they know their place in the company and the role. Even though I did not get an offer, I appreciated the fact that the interviewers seemed to really care and ask directed questions to make sure you are right fit for the job.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

I applied online and got an initial HR interview request in a few days, very soon actually. HR went directly and asked me what i knew about GLG and introduced the business model to me. got a follow up interview after this with a hiring manager afterward.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GLG?
      What do you try to avoid in your career?
      Answer Question

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

They will take you out to lunch or coffee before you interview individually with 4-5 others. This is exhausting, be prepared for the mental marathon. They will ask you the same, if not similar questions each round.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

The first round video interview was conducted by the recruiter based in HK. The experience was good. While it seems that there is a big gap between the career path, even the actual the position, SH office offers and the recruiter told me in the video interview. Hence, for me, it is kind of waste of time to participate in the on-site interview round.

Associate, Strategic Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for a series of 3 in person interviews. Each interviewer was very helpful in explaining the nuances of the role and explaining why they felt GLG was a great place to work. I left being told that the "team is traveling" and that a decision may not be made for several weeks. I never heard from them again which left a very sour taste after meeting with so many members of the team.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was hired 4 months prior to the interview and didn't seem to be well versed in the business of the company. The interview talked more than asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview Questions. E.g What do you think GLG does, where so you see yourself in 5 years etc.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with two different people for 20 minutes each. I was then invited for a second state, then phone interview for 30 minutes with a current associate.

Interview Questions

• What is GLG's business model? Why do you want to work for GLG? How do you manage time?   Answer Question