Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.8

Conference Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Phone screening, phone interview with a group and then in person group interview. Very relaxed and not as intimidating as it plays out to be. Very young company so it is helpful to be yourself and relate. HR however is very slow in responding

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

I was interviewing for the associate role within the research team. I met around eight people in total, each person gave a round of interview. This is possibly a bit more than a usual number of rounds because I interviewed with people in different cities. Most interviews last around 1-1.5 hour per round, the longest one is around 2.5-3 hour which includes a case study and presentation apart from the usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke to a guy who had me on speaker phone. He asked me right off the bat if I had reached out to his boss. I had via LinkedIn and he wasn't too happy about it.

He was walking around so his voice was fading in and out. I asked him if he could take me off speaker but he didn't. He said "cool" to a few of my answers. He didn't give me much time and was extremely young in his approach.

I have ZERO interest in this company now. What a turn off!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked by this guy. In fact, he needs a bit more training.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Fairly easy and simple. Asked basic questions throughout the interview and wanted to know your personality and previous work experience. Research the company but know that the company is a little confusing until you are completely engulfed in the experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Various interviews, starts off with a phone interview and if you pass that there a couple other in-person interviews. Questions appeared easy, but they are a little tricky. Make sure you know exactly what the company does (don't be vague).

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Overall 6 interviews. 2 phone screens, a case study and then 3 video interviews. Went well. Know the business model, and know your own value (your transferrable skills to this specific role), and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• Why GLG is better than using basic search engines such as Google or LinkedIn?   Answer Question

Hospitality Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to within a week. 3 interviews total. First was a 30 minute HR Screen over the phone. Second was a phone interview with the Facilities Manager. Final interview was in the office where I interviewed with the Global Facilities Director and Facilities Manager.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Talent Acquisition contacted me after my application.
    Had first interview over the phone.
    He promised to get back to me within the following week which never happened.
    It's totally fine not moving on to next step but what turns me down is ignorance.

Member Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a woman who was friendly and asked very basic questions about my resume. The interview was quite bland though, I wish I could have talked more about myself as a person instead of answering generic questions. Decent experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward. I first applied online and then was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was called into the local office for an in person interview, but a Skype interview was also an option. The interviewer had a copy of my resume with him and would ask me questions based on experiences listed on it. Also an emphasis on how you work on teams and how you handled a situation where you had to work with someone you didn't see eye to eye with.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GLG?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been on a team with a difficult person? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question