Gerson Lehrman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and involved interview process. For it to be worth it, you'll need to put your best into every stage of the interview. First is 2 back to back phone interviews with senior associates. Next is a case study (which takes like 6-10 hours to do well). Then, a phone call with a research manager to explain your answers to the case study. Finally, an in-person interview. For the in person interview, you really need to know the role and the company's mission/service divisions well. I practiced a lot for the interview by looking up STAR interview questions, and that served me well.

Interview Questions

• (First question the last interviewer asked me:) What do you know about me?...good thing I had looked him up on LinkedIn prior to the interview   Answer Question

Engagement Coordinator Interview

Interview

Received an Email regarding an interview for a researcher position even though I applied for an engagement coordinator position. I then had two interviews back to back with two people from the research team. Despite answering all their questions and what seems like a good email I received no steps further.

Interview Questions

• What interests me in the research position? As I was prepared for an engagement coordinator position that I applied to it made this question difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

Three steps. Started with a phone interview with two different members of the team. Then had to perform a case study within three days and present it to a manager. Was then flown to office where I went out to breakfast and interviewed all day face to face - all behavioral.

Member Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a week later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Was interviewed via phone the next day. The interviewer asked me basic resume questions and some behavioral questions. She also asked me what I know about the company. Whole thing lasted 10 mins. I currently work in a different field so she also asked my why I wanted to make a switch.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GLG?
      Tell me about your experiences
      Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer
      Answer Question

Survey Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in August 2016.

Interview

I applied via an employee referral, and was contacted within the week to set up a phone screening. This was the first of seven interviews I would undergo over nine weeks. The two weeks after my 5th interview were spent with me just waiting to hear back about scheduling the next interview, which I already knew I was supposed to have, and when I reached out for an update I was told to keep waiting and they would reach out when they were ready. I thought it was unprofessional to basically ask me to keep waiting indefinitely for them to get back to me.

There was a case study during interview #4 which involved role playing as if you were a GLG employee working with a client. It was challenging because I felt like I did not have enough information to really be able to play my role appropriately, but it did give me a good feeling for what a typical interaction with a client would look like, as well as how the team works. Most of the interview questions were not that difficult and tended to be repeated from interview to interview--mostly questions about why I was interested in GLG specifically. During my last interview, I felt like my interviewer was kind of condescending and a little skeptical of my achievements. He seemed bemused by some of my answers. Aside from that last interview, I really enjoyed talking to everyone I spoke with and was disappointed not to get offered the job, especially after such a lengthy and intensive process.

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Mariann emailed to set up a 30 minute interview. I didn't receive a call until I emailed her 10 min after the scheduled time and she said she could not get reach me through my cell which was working fine so that was kind of suspect... We spoke for 15 minutes but I thought she was quite rude and was already a little questionable that she was late and didn't bother to send an email reaching out. She asked what I knew of the position and when I explained to her what I thought it was, she asked me again to explain the role in further detail but said that was only a part of it. After asking her more questions about the role she interrupted me and asked if "I was still interested" so I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in GLG   Answer Question
    • What do you think this role fully entails and why are you a good fit for it?   Answer Question

Survey Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in August 2016.

Interview

Within one week of applying, I was scheduled for a 30 min phone interview with one of the VPs. This first interview was very fast-paced and intense; luckily, I had my best responses at the ready and was able to secure a second interview.
    The second interview was two hours and consisted of a case study and another traditional interview with three team members. This was my first case study interview (client/manager role-play), so I was not as prepared as I could have been (in my area, case study interviews are not common,so I wasn't sure what to expect). While the case study itself was not difficult (consisted of identifying potential experts for a client), it is the process that was unusual/uncomfortable (to me) - so practice, practice, practice!
    The following interview was a little unusual, and it was clear they trying to gauge cultural fit. Considering the interview took over an hour, there were not many substantial, behavioral questions asked ("When are you bored?" "What's one thing you can't live without?" etc.).

Associate Interview

Interview

1st phone call lasted about an hour and focused on resume, behavioral, and a few problem solving questions. Next, the on site was 4 interviews over the course of 5 hours regarding similar points and also a case study. The team was really nice and accommodating. Trip was expensed which is great.

Interview Questions

• What is GLG's business model?

What is a challenge you've overcome? What would you do differently?
      Answer Question

Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Received an email about a follow up call that would last between 15-30 min. Call ended up lasting less than 15 min. HR was very nice and asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there. She also further explained the position I was applying for and asked if I had any questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced to handle two or more things at once and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Survey Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted next day via email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview had to be rescheduled due to my interviewers schedule. She told me the were hiring ~35 people and IMO it's not that well known of a company and I was very qualified for the position. She was late for the scheduled phone interview time and it lasted about 20 mins. I felt good about it at the end of our conversation. One thing I thought was weird was that she mentioned that everyone on the team drinks alcohol which (even though I also do) I thought was odd and irrelevent/unprofessional for a phone interview. I got an email by the end of the week saying they were going in a different direction. I had also applied for a recruiting position there after and got a rejection email at the end of the week without an interview saying I wasn't qualified for the position even though I was even more qualified than the last one I applied to. I was very excited for their working opportunities and was referred by a current employee but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in with GLG?   1 Answer