Getty Images Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, tech phone screen, hiring manager screen, final onsite. SQL & C# basics. Final interview involved behavioral as well as technical. Writing sample was required.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three hour interview, with three teams. There was a technical problem, using a testing framework, all in ruby. One interview was simply going over past projects on git hub, and the last interview was more behavioral questions.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was through WebEx.
    She was friendly and gave brief introduction about herself.
    she asked which were random based on my experience and conversation.
    I don't remember all questions just noted which I remember. As the conversation went more than an hour she tried to wrap it up asking me to ask questions if any.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is cookie and session storage
      What is ajax? How does it work?
      What is javascript inheritance?
      What is white hat and black hat testing?
      What is load balancer?
      How do we select Mysql or nosql database
      How can we use javascript instead of angularJS
      How do selenium testing work?
      What are different kinds of testing?
      What are design patterns? What is a builder?
      How do you do end to end testing?
      What is meant by statelessness in restful?
      What are security aspects in web development? How can you overcome them?
      How do we decide the server size?
      What is the difference between lead and UI developer?
      What is the difference between Sr. and Jr. UI developer?
      How do http work? What does it contain in header and footer
      What is angularJS and how does it help developers?
      Challenges in live development and solving issues.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Invited me in for an interview from 9:30AM-1PM. Parking was paid for and directions were clear. I met with 4 employees of Getty images ranging from the recruiter to the engineer to the hiring manager and another manager on another team. They basically blocked me out for one-on-one interviews with each person for about 30-45 minutes. The tough part about all this was that no food was provided throughout the interview. So you're basically starving while going through interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when something is broken?   1 Answer
    • Tell me some projects you have completed   1 Answer

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Standard process;
    -Initial screening with recruiter via phone
    -First interview with hiring manager via phone
    -Onsite interview with hiring manager and 3 of the hiring managers 'subordinates' who were on equal management level with the position they were hiring for.

Very friendly and relaxed. They knew what they were looking for regarding cultural fit, skill sets, and generally the way you work, e.g. questions designed to determine if you reach out and network internally? Do you have a process or methodology to how you approach your job, specific aspects of the job/objectives? Can you proactively engage other areas of the business to cooperate, understand and get the job done?

Interview Questions

• They weren't standard questions, and weren't those obscure, difficult 'Google' type questions; somewhere in between. Mostly concentrated around cultural fit and general-specifics of how you work and how you achieve and accomplish objectives.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have in-house compensation 'analysts' and offered above market rate and benefits. Not really any room to negotiate.

Vendor Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I talked with the people who would be managing me. They were friendly, though one left the company by the time I started. They were all friendly, engaged people, and I enjoyed working with them while I was on contract there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry people?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial HR phone screen, call with Director, in person interview with manager and director, then group interview with team. Overall the interview process was pretty straightforward but I thought the group interview with the team was unnecessary.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through website, and received a call from HR, Phone, onsite.

Interview Questions

• Know your work history and be able to articulate your strengths on why you would be a perfect fit for your job. know your resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write.

I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div).

Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.

Interview Questions

• Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me.   Answer Question

Business Analyst/PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with hiring manager (senior finance manager) for about 1 hour. Conversational style...not a pressure interview. Discussed my experience (which is eclectic) that related to the project content and our project management approach.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to how I would approach creating and managing a business process review.   Answer Question