Getty Images Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Getty Images Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three hour interview, with three teams. There was a technical problem, using a testing framework, all in ruby. One interview was simply going over past projects on git hub, and the last interview was more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Getty Images

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write.

I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div).

Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.

Interview Questions

• Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Perfectly normal interview. 4 sections that covered normal things for developers who have to know something about front and back end development in web sites

Interview Questions

• What would you rate your skills in xyz? (Who asks this still? We all know the continuum is different for everyone)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images in September 2009.

Interview

Phone screen. All day Microsoft style interview process. A lot of technical questions which involved writing code on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Coding out the usage of an IOC container using TDD - describe the overall concept and then write a test that fails. This is difficult to do on a whiteboard...   Answer Question

They seemed more formal and buttoned down than Microsoft.