GfK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GfK Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

The process started with a telephone interview with an HR recruiter. Fairly standard questions. Then I was invited to come into an office for an in-person interview. It turned out to be a group interview with several people, and they asked me to prepare a short presentation, guided by a specific outline.

Interview Questions

• The presentation outline included questions about my vision for the role and my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The office was a very nice and clean space. The office in Manhattan was very big and right next to the world trade center. The interview was very easy. My interviewer asked me to walk him through my resume. Then proceeded to ask me a few behavioral questions. There were very striaght forward questions like, tell me about an experience where you overcame an obstacle.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. Then I had another phone screen with the Research Associate manager. If I performed better, I would have been asked for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. TEll me about a job where you had repetitive tasks. Tell me about your weaknesses. Is there anything you would like to add that's not included in your resume   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interviews by Sr. VPs, followed by an in-person interview in the SFO office. GFK is largely a market research shop thats trying to position itself as a strategic company. During the interview process, it was clear that their preference was for someone with an extensive market research experience, that begs the question how is GfK different from many other market research shops.

After the in-person interview, I got a surprise call from the HR - almost after a month of no response. The call, it turns out, was a behavioral interview.

Good to join if you are interested in developing reports from primary research.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview to check background (40 minutes to 1 hour)
    Data test to check background knowledge, data analysis skills and Excel skills (within 5 days)
    Phone interview (Talk about data analysis report and see if eligible for an on-site interview)
    On-site interview (Some behavioral questions and free chat)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Walk me through your past experience
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GfK in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call.
    Questions about resume.
    Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.

Senior Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK in January 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. A recruiter scheduled two phone interviews with higher ups who's team I would be on. Then I had two in person interviews at the local office with the person I would report to, and their boss. Everyone was very positive and told me they would be in touch in a couple of days. Unfortunately, I never heard back after the in person interviews. I reached out to the recruiter to ask if a decision had been made and heard nothing. Very disappointing as I spent nearly 2 months going through the whole process. It would have been nice to hear formally one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions asked. They did ask how I would feel working for someone who I felt knew less than I do.   Answer Question

Field Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contact via phone about 2 weeks later. I was then interviewed by a recruiter who spoke with me for 15 minutes (screening). I was scheduled for a second interview (this week) and it was with a field manager and we spoke for 30 minutes. I am waiting for a response and was told that I would have more information next week on the position.

Senior Associate Market Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Bellevue, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Series of phone interviews, followed by Video interviews at HQ in Chicago for a position in WA. They cancelled the final interview under the guise of a rescheduling, but it never got rescheduled. I reached out to them after a few days and they responded only through a form-email informing me they would not go forward with interview process. Impersonal end to an otherwise good experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively straightforward for an interview - they asked "What is your favorite scale and why?"   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Applied online in early December 2012, heard back in mid January with a quick phone screen followed quickly with an invite to come in and interview. Had 3 one hour interviews with 3 separate people. Was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Didn't hear anything, so I called the HR rep who set up the interview a week later and left a message. Never heard back. After 3 weeks I left a message with the person who I would have worked for, only to get a call from the HR rep an hour later saying they had gone with another candidate.