GfK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GfK Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GfK in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call.
    Questions about resume.
    Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.

Senior Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK in January 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. A recruiter scheduled two phone interviews with higher ups who's team I would be on. Then I had two in person interviews at the local office with the person I would report to, and their boss. Everyone was very positive and told me they would be in touch in a couple of days. Unfortunately, I never heard back after the in person interviews. I reached out to the recruiter to ask if a decision had been made and heard nothing. Very disappointing as I spent nearly 2 months going through the whole process. It would have been nice to hear formally one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions asked. They did ask how I would feel working for someone who I felt knew less than I do.   Answer Question

Field Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contact via phone about 2 weeks later. I was then interviewed by a recruiter who spoke with me for 15 minutes (screening). I was scheduled for a second interview (this week) and it was with a field manager and we spoke for 30 minutes. I am waiting for a response and was told that I would have more information next week on the position.

Senior Associate Market Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Bellevue, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Series of phone interviews, followed by Video interviews at HQ in Chicago for a position in WA. They cancelled the final interview under the guise of a rescheduling, but it never got rescheduled. I reached out to them after a few days and they responded only through a form-email informing me they would not go forward with interview process. Impersonal end to an otherwise good experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively straightforward for an interview - they asked "What is your favorite scale and why?"   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Had a teleconference with a SVP that worked on the team but out of another company office. Also had to talk with two higher ups on the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Questions

• Ability to multi-task and how would you process an ad hoc client request?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Applied online in early December 2012, heard back in mid January with a quick phone screen followed quickly with an invite to come in and interview. Had 3 one hour interviews with 3 separate people. Was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Didn't hear anything, so I called the HR rep who set up the interview a week later and left a message. Never heard back. After 3 weeks I left a message with the person who I would have worked for, only to get a call from the HR rep an hour later saying they had gone with another candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Very conversational and focused on getting to know candidate. Come prepared to talk about yourself and experiences in free-flowing discussion. Ended up speaking to many team members, so prepare to speak to many people.

Was mostly an opportunity for them to get to know you and ensure you are someone theyd want to work with

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

It started with phone screens with HR, then phone screens with the hiring manager (I was in Chicago, they in New York). I then had a round of interviews in NY with peers, subordinates, and the hiring manager. This was followed by more phone interviews (team members in other parts of the country), and another round of in-person in the Princeton office (which I offered to do because I was visiting family there on my own dime). In tota, it was a 3-4 month process, and there seemed to be much angst and uncertainty about what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something went wrong with a project or a client and what you did to fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward. Had to ask for a relocation package, but what I got was pitiful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Recieved a phone call from VP of the department for an interivew. Came in for an interview it was with the VP. It was very brief and I was explanied the tasks of the position. I then met with another employee and asked a couple of easy questions.

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Half hour phone interview with recruiter, one hour phone interview with HR, 7 hour on site interview with 5 people (sometimes 1:1, sometimes 2:1), including a 2 hour skills test.

Interview Questions

• They had a 2 hour "briefcase" that I had to fill out, basically what they would consider my average "take-home" work for an evening, which consisted of answering a bunch of different types of questions, some easy, some taking 3-5 pages of explanation, like data analysis. a proposal outline, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They low-balled me throughout the process ... the recruiter said the job was a Director's position, but when I went in for the full day interview, they told me it was a Manager position, and at a lower salary. I questioned them on it immediately and they said they'd get back to me. After a lot of back and forth (due to their reorganizations and some timing glitches on my part), we were able to re-negotiate to a Director position.
    But the entire process, from the initial recruiter phone call to the day I gave my notice at my former employer,
    took exactly one year!