GfK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GfK Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Business Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

Had to do a series of online tests, answered a load of questions. Was invited to an interview on a day that wasn't convenient for me. Rescheduled to do the interview over the phone, when I called on the agreed date and time the HR person she wasn't there. She went away on holiday for two weeks that day and when she came back they had given the job to somebody else.....

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Woking, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked me 2 days prior to the interview to do an excel based task(pivot tables etc) based on point of sale data for telecommunications companies which I had to submit a day before the interview. On the day, I traveled to Woking. The interviewer came to pick me from the reception and we went to a very small room where she gave me a hard copy of a numerical SHL test (there was supposed to be a verbal as well but they said it was a misunderstanding with HR). I didn't achieve the required score(which was 25/35) and so after I finished , some other members of the team came to inform me that I failed and thus NO interview. They sit a bit with me at the room for an informal chat (No further feedback).
    I don't understand what's the point of traveling up to Woking and preparing all these tasks BEFORE the interview if the SHL test is the first thing that is going to shortlist you as a potential candidate... Maybe a change of order would be more beneficial for both the candidates and the company.

Institutional Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

I just wanted to commend on my odd experience with GFK Boutique Research. I think it was a real joke and was astonished on their unprofessional level. I thought I was interviewed by a student that practices random questions. GFK has such a strong name but it seems the GFK Boutique research values at a completely different level. I have read from former employees that is managed by incompetent people and it's a sinking ship. It really devalued the GFK brand the experience with them. I did not feel I was interviewed by a respected and reputable organisation. The interviewer had no idea on what questions to ask me and he will repeat how new he is in this role and the issues they have. I have made a huge effort to attend the interview given the reputation in London and really it did not worth it. I was polite to send a thank you email but they did not even bother to get in touch to notify if I have gone through the next stage. Regardless, if you are successful or not when you make such effort to attend an interview then is a courtesy to receive an email if you have gone through or not. In any case before going to an interview with them read the comments from former and current employees. If they do not make significant changes in their current management it doesn't worth it. I am glad the experience with them was short as I got an offer form The Economist which is not comparable with GFK.

Interview Questions

• How you feel that I am only 33 and without much experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

phone interview - why applied to the position
    reasoning test in the morning and then one-to-one interview with the HR
    second interview with 2 employees of the panel
    third interview to formalize everything

Interview Questions

• how many mobiles are there in the Uk?
      tell me about yourself
      why gfk
      Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process included four interviews/stages: First there was a phone conversation with an HR person, then came a tissue meeting with the Head of HR and my potential boss, then I was asked to present a task to my boss and his boss, and finally there was a phone conversation with the COO

Interview Questions

• How I would respond to clients who question the value of the services offered by GfK   Answer Question

Junior Data Processing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in August 2016.

Interview

The application process had three steps - a test on paper in the offices of the company, a short phone interview and an interview with the team leaders in the company. At every stage of the process I was asked among the other questions one and the the same question - what is the minimum salary I would accept. At the end, they made me an offer with a salary that was way lower than my minimum.

Retail Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK (Dammam (Saudi Arabia)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on through the company's career website. After 2-3 months I received a call from the hiring staff member to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager which was set to be in the next day.
    The interview took 1 hour, It was straight forward type of interview questions, nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• How your previous experience could help you on the opening position?   1 Answer

PA/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After rescheduling my interview 3 times and finally on the day that I actually sat for the interview, the HR Manager and Director that I would be reporting to, did not even attend the interview. Overall dejecting experience. Requested feedback two weeks after the interview and of course it went unanswered, took them three months to give me a response, of which they told me that the position was being "withheld".

Trainee Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

(Grad Programme)
    After submitting CV, cover letter and Showcase me (2 min video for me), I waited for 1 month to get an call inviting me to the assessment day. The latter was structured in panel interview with middle managers (competency-based), HR interview (career and motivation), group work and presentation and 2 hours test with numerical, questionnaire design and verbal elements.

After 2 weeks, invited to final round, presentation and interview with directors (1 interview with behavioural questions and CV review; one 10 mins presentation on market of choice). Call with offer after 2 weeks (they interviewed one/two people per day at this stage and had to wait for last one).

Everything went smoothly and HR was responsive at every step.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GfK? Why would you like to work in market research? What are in your opinion the biggest changes in data handling and reporting in the last year?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Online Application + Showcase me (Creative presentation of self)
    2) Assessment Centre
    Group assignment, 2 Interviews (one with HR, the other with head of departments), Written assignments (Numerical, Analysing data, analysing a video sequence)
    3) 2nd Interview Round (2 Interviews + previously prepared presentation)