GfK Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GfK Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Wayne, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a phone interview a few days later. I spoke on the phone with HR and was offered an in person interview for the following week. The interview process took about 3 hours. I spoke to one person in-person and four via Lync call/video. There was also a task at the end of the interview that was pretty simple if you know simple math and understand how to present data. I was offered the job less than a week later by receiving a call and then an offer letter via email.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Wanted to know why I wanted to work here and in this field. They really want you to understand that it's an entry level position but they want to promote you and give you all the means to do so.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GfK

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. Then I had another phone screen with the Research Associate manager. If I performed better, I would have been asked for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. TEll me about a job where you had repetitive tasks. Tell me about your weaknesses. Is there anything you would like to add that's not included in your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Had a teleconference with a SVP that worked on the team but out of another company office. Also had to talk with two higher ups on the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Questions

• Ability to multi-task and how would you process an ad hoc client request?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Woking, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked me 2 days prior to the interview to do an excel based task(pivot tables etc) based on point of sale data for telecommunications companies which I had to submit a day before the interview. On the day, I traveled to Woking. The interviewer came to pick me from the reception and we went to a very small room where she gave me a hard copy of a numerical SHL test (there was supposed to be a verbal as well but they said it was a misunderstanding with HR). I didn't achieve the required score(which was 25/35) and so after I finished , some other members of the team came to inform me that I failed and thus NO interview. They sit a bit with me at the room for an informal chat (No further feedback).
    I don't understand what's the point of traveling up to Woking and preparing all these tasks BEFORE the interview if the SHL test is the first thing that is going to shortlist you as a potential candidate... Maybe a change of order would be more beneficial for both the candidates and the company.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

1st round: Computer based take home interview, undergoing several data handling exercises on excel sheets

2nd and 3rd round: Face to face interviews at office, covering all kinds of questions including work experience, personality and the position

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GfK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2014.

Interview

1 st - using GfK data to generate a report with insights. 2 tasks, 1 is observing data and give insights; 2 is modelling and prediction.
    2 nd - 1 to 1 interview. Includes competency questions and scenarios questions (standard ones). the follow up with previous analysis. challenge you on anything missing, ask you how to explain and relevant confidence (eg. 50% sure, 80% sure...)

Interview Questions

• how confidence is your prediction/assumption/speculation?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK (Mumbai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Positive. It is a pressure interview. But if ur the right candidate you will enjoy it at the end
    3 rounds
    Apti - difficult
    Presentation on general /social ideas- ample time to prepare on one topic and easty
    Face to face interview- can go from cows to factors to mars( BE PREPARED)

Interview Questions

• Full form of spss, mean median mode, why research?,regression, factor analysis, difference between qual and quant   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK in December 2011.

Interview

A series of interviews with the staff all working from a set of prepared questions. Everyone seemed very friendly and appeared like they wanted me to get the job. They had people in multiple locations so some of the interviews were in person, some were over the phone and one was done by video conference.

Interview Questions

• How could my last role/project have turned out better?   1 Answer