Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Half hour phone interview with recruiter, one hour phone interview with HR, 7 hour on site interview with 5 people (sometimes 1:1, sometimes 2:1), including a 2 hour skills test.

Interview Questions

• They had a 2 hour "briefcase" that I had to fill out, basically what they would consider my average "take-home" work for an evening, which consisted of answering a bunch of different types of questions, some easy, some taking 3-5 pages of explanation, like data analysis. a proposal outline, etc.   Answer Question

They low-balled me throughout the process ... the recruiter said the job was a Director's position, but when I went in for the full day interview, they told me it was a Manager position, and at a lower salary. I questioned them on it immediately and they said they'd get back to me. After a lot of back and forth (due to their reorganizations and some timing glitches on my part), we were able to re-negotiate to a Director position. But the entire process, from the initial recruiter phone call to the day I gave my notice at my former employer, took exactly one year!