GfK Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard interview questions very friendly. Asked me about competencies - asked me about team working - asked about my recent travels to the far east. asked me about what i found interesting about the job. asked me about how i would deliver bad news to a client

Interview Questions

• have you worked with large data sets? where?   2 Answers

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Woking, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked me 2 days prior to the interview to do an excel based task(pivot tables etc) based on point of sale data for telecommunications companies which I had to submit a day before the interview. On the day, I traveled to Woking. The interviewer came to pick me from the reception and we went to a very small room where she gave me a hard copy of a numerical SHL test (there was supposed to be a verbal as well but they said it was a misunderstanding with HR). I didn't achieve the required score(which was 25/35) and so after I finished , some other members of the team came to inform me that I failed and thus NO interview. They sit a bit with me at the room for an informal chat (No further feedback).
    I don't understand what's the point of traveling up to Woking and preparing all these tasks BEFORE the interview if the SHL test is the first thing that is going to shortlist you as a potential candidate... Maybe a change of order would be more beneficial for both the candidates and the company.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process included four interviews/stages: First there was a phone conversation with an HR person, then came a tissue meeting with the Head of HR and my potential boss, then I was asked to present a task to my boss and his boss, and finally there was a phone conversation with the COO

Interview Questions

• How I would respond to clients who question the value of the services offered by GfK   Answer Question

PA/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After rescheduling my interview 3 times and finally on the day that I actually sat for the interview, the HR Manager and Director that I would be reporting to, did not even attend the interview. Overall dejecting experience. Requested feedback two weeks after the interview and of course it went unanswered, took them three months to give me a response, of which they told me that the position was being "withheld".

Trainee Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

(Grad Programme)
    After submitting CV, cover letter and Showcase me (2 min video for me), I waited for 1 month to get an call inviting me to the assessment day. The latter was structured in panel interview with middle managers (competency-based), HR interview (career and motivation), group work and presentation and 2 hours test with numerical, questionnaire design and verbal elements.

After 2 weeks, invited to final round, presentation and interview with directors (1 interview with behavioural questions and CV review; one 10 mins presentation on market of choice). Call with offer after 2 weeks (they interviewed one/two people per day at this stage and had to wait for last one).

Everything went smoothly and HR was responsive at every step.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GfK? Why would you like to work in market research? What are in your opinion the biggest changes in data handling and reporting in the last year?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Online Application + Showcase me (Creative presentation of self)
    2) Assessment Centre
    Group assignment, 2 Interviews (one with HR, the other with head of departments), Written assignments (Numerical, Analysing data, analysing a video sequence)
    3) 2nd Interview Round (2 Interviews + previously prepared presentation)

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Woking, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview which started with a 20 minute maths test followed by a 40 minute interview. They got back very quickly the same day and invited me for an interview the following week. The second interview I was asked to prepare some datasets and create a 10 minute presentation to bring to the second interview. There were some questions at the end. I was offered the job the same day.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Numerical and verbal test at the office, had to be passed to go onto the first interview on the same day.
    First interview was with two employees. Asking me a bout the industry and my motivations.
    Final interview with a presentation on a product group of their choice. They provide a chartpack and then you have to build the presentation using that information

Graduate Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was extremely long winded, and the HR staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. Big shock for one of the largest market research firms. It began with a fairly straight forward interview, and then an assessment day. I waited a month after the day to be contacted again by the company. Fortunately, I was invited to a last round interview only to wait for a phone call that was never going to come. I found it extremely unprofessional, as I had put my other options on hold until I had heard back from GFK. Don't expect to hear from GFK if you are applying for the graduate scheme.

Interview Questions

• Speak about a time when you have conducted research.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked to attend a 1:1 interview with two members of the senior team. About a week later was asked to return for another 1:1 interview where I had to give a presentation.

In both instances the HR was flexible in organising interview dates that I could fit round my current job.