Ghirardelli Chocolate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ghirardelli Chocolate Interview Questions

Interviews at Ghirardelli Chocolate

2.4

Lean Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

Interview process went well: 1st phone interview with HR then 2nd phone interview with hiring manager then 3rd on-site in-person interview. Interviews consisted of combination of personal and behavioral type questions.

Chocolatier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a friend who worked at Ghiradelli, and I really needed a job a few years ago to get through a semester of college. The woman essentially hired me on the spot. It was a great place for a college student to work for a few months. Everybody was extremely friendly

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very low key, easy, and fun. Instead of attacking you with hard questions, they really wanted to get to know you. By interviewing in this style you can get a better feel for the company and they can better understand how you will fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests?
      Why did you choose this job to interview for?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

I was referred by my friend who was hired at the agency, and they asked me if I can do the job and I was told to attend the interview and orientation the next day. I got the job right away without any interview and completing the onboarding application online the next day. It was pretty easy.

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

brief orientation with general ice breaker questions. i believe the managers will go around asking everyone's background a bit like; "where are you from, where you doing now, and whats your favorite food/sport."

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Ghirardelli?   1 Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews with recruiters followed by phone interview with hiring manager and/or team. Recruiters are helpful in preparing you when connecting to the hiring manager or team. Phone interview is basic screen of who you are and to better understand your background.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the district manager, which was mostly him explaining the job and requirements to me as well as some questions about my background and experience. I was told the next step would be an in person interview. About a week and a half later I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with two managers and thought it went really well. They were both very friendly and spoke positively to me about the position and even went in detail about the pay and schedule (without me asking). I was really expecting to receive an offer but they gave me a date to expect to hear back by and I never heard anything else from them.

I was pretty disappointed because it sounded like a job I would really enjoy doing, would really fit my interests and background and sounded like a good company to work for. But in the end I guess it was probably for the best because I even tried to follow up with them and was completely ignored. Never received a yes, no, we're still deciding, nothing. Personally I think it's rude and unprofessional business practice to completely ignore applicants after taking their time, leading them on in multiple interviews as if you're interested in hiring them, then completely ignoring them, not even responding to calls or emails to let them know your decision. So, it probably wouldn't have been a good company to work for and maybe I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• General questions about interests, work experience and ability to do the job   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process started with a Phone Interview with HR after that I went on site and interview with Maintenance Manager as well as a few other Managers. Overall nice people very straight forward I got the sense that it would be a nice place to work. They want a more seasoned Maintenance Mechanic and my experience was a little on the light side for what they need.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Very friendly and team/family oriented. The process started out with a one on one with the maintenance mgr. Really nice guy. Knows his stuff. Then it was an individual interview with the facility heads qich is an awesome idea. Let's you get to know the values of who you work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a work place environment   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

It wasn't a difficult interview process at all. They asked what position you were applying for and then you were told about the responsibilities of that role. After that, they asked what days you would be available.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous experience working with customers?   1 Answer