Ghirardelli Chocolate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.2

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

brief orientation with general ice breaker questions. i believe the managers will go around asking everyone's background a bit like; "where are you from, where you doing now, and whats your favorite food/sport."

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Ghirardelli?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

It was well organized. Applied online. Got an email for phone interview with HR. She was nice and to the point. Next phone interview was with hiring manager - more technical and work related questions. Lastly, met a team of 4 people in an onsite interview. The process was well structured.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions and behavioral questions relevant for positions. Appeared for 3 roudns : HR/hiring manager/ Interview team   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Very friendly and team/family oriented. The process started out with a one on one with the maintenance mgr. Really nice guy. Knows his stuff. Then it was an individual interview with the facility heads qich is an awesome idea. Let's you get to know the values of who you work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a work place environment   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

20minute phone interview. Asked a bunch of questions related to management. Did not ask a lot directly related to my role. Was expecting more on lean manufacturing and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

I applied on-line and received an e-mail one week later, asking to schedule a phone interview with HR. A few days later I received another e-mail to schedule on-site interviews with a few Directors. The interviews were separate, lasting about an hour each. Then I met with the VP of the Department a few days later. I received a phone call the same day with an offer. The whole process was less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Director questions:
      "Tell me about yourself"
       "Does this job sound like something you can do?"

VP questions:
      "Why do you want to work here?"
      "Tell me about yourself."
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

My recent experience with interviewing was less than stellar and quite frustrating. I was working with a recruiting agency that is very reputable in the food industry. On a side note, the recruiting agency was very prompt and responsive. Once I was able to connect with the recruiter and pass along my resume and what I desired, he immediately set up a call with HR. On the time and date of my first interview screen with HR, I waited 10-15 minutes for the call. I reached out to recruiter and they contacted HR and reported back to me immediately that my interview was not on their schedule. Disappointed but was able to confirm another call time and date one week out.
    That time and date to interview with HR went off without a hitch. The screen was very thorough; she asked very detailed questions regarding my job experience and technical skills. The screen was promising to move to the next step, which would be a call to the direct manager. This was arranged through the recruiter for the following week.
    On the next scheduled date for interview with the direct manager, again I waited for 10 minutes. I contacted the recruiter on the tardiness of my scheduled interview. It took the recruiter 30 minutes on top of that to reach the company to tell him again the interview was not on the books. It took an additional two more attempts of rescheduling to finally reach the contact.
    After 7.5 weeks of planning to set aside time from my current job, rescheduling, and patiently waiting to receive any feedback and/or next steps, I receive minuscule amount of feedback on why they passed me up for the role. Zero explanation on what was their concerns or critics to better inform me of my performance.
    To say this process was stressful and disrespectful to my time is to say the least. This reflects how poorly the company is managed and not sure if that would be a positive environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Explain your technical experience for each role previous.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the district manager, which was mostly him explaining the job and requirements to me as well as some questions about my background and experience. I was told the next step would be an in person interview. About a week and a half later I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with two managers and thought it went really well. They were both very friendly and spoke positively to me about the position and even went in detail about the pay and schedule (without me asking). I was really expecting to receive an offer but they gave me a date to expect to hear back by and I never heard anything else from them.

I was pretty disappointed because it sounded like a job I would really enjoy doing, would really fit my interests and background and sounded like a good company to work for. But in the end I guess it was probably for the best because I even tried to follow up with them and was completely ignored. Never received a yes, no, we're still deciding, nothing. Personally I think it's rude and unprofessional business practice to completely ignore applicants after taking their time, leading them on in multiple interviews as if you're interested in hiring them, then completely ignoring them, not even responding to calls or emails to let them know your decision. So, it probably wouldn't have been a good company to work for and maybe I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• General questions about interests, work experience and ability to do the job   Answer Question

Choclatier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (Simpsonville, KY).

Interview

Very relaxed at outlet store. Basic questions about previous experience and what you value. Look at their website and list that. Drug test after interview have one week to do it (urine) - must be 18 for all positions. Will differ from manager to manager but previous food or cash service is a bonus. Mention that you are here to make everyone's day special and want to add that wow factor to their day after they have viaited the store.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you've done to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Interview

I was referred by my friend who was hired at the agency, and they asked me if I can do the job and I was told to attend the interview and orientation the next day. I got the job right away without any interview and completing the onboarding application online the next day. It was pretty easy.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

not much just asked for my employment history and what I expected out of the job.
    Was called back by a general manager and was in training a day later

Interview Questions

• can you pass a drug test ?   1 Answer